PDA

View Full Version : PA 300 amp...have some QUE's about it...

fabchef
10-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Hi everyone. I noticed this amp on my wife's 2005 xc70. IT has the premium HU850 unit on it. It sounds okay, but have noticed that at higher volumes, there seems to be some vibrations coming out of the speakers of the rear doors. I have the smaller HU-650 on my 2006 v70 and have no such problems. HAve any of you had this problem before? can if be and amp or radio issue or sounds more like a damaged speaker? i did notice after we got the car that when you go to close any of the doors, you get the "THUD" but also an ever so slight bit of rattling when you close the door. Was thinking maybe someone messed with the speakers, or took off the panels, maybe for rustproofing???
any ideas? thought of maybe unclipping all the wires going to the amp and giving them a good spray with DEOXIT cleaner, can't hurt and seeing as we deal with salted roads in winter, maybe got some in there?? thanks
fabs

JRL
10-28-2011, 08:29 PM
If you have it set on Dolby 3 pro logic it will, you're only getting effects out of the rear
Put the processor in another setting and let me know.
If not, you may have a bad rear speaker
Dynamatting the doors helps a ton

fabchef
10-28-2011, 08:42 PM
JRL...on DOLBY...it's not that bad really as the sound goes more in the front..you can hear it more on OFF or in SURROUND. Guess it's a bad speaker???:(
thanks
fabs