PDA

View Full Version : Buying Advice, What model and accessories

slalomskier
10-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Hey guys, I am upgrading from my '02 xc70 to a brand new one. Company caar so the first 36,000 is covered. Was going to get BLIS, Tech package, premier plus package, sandstone leather, blue exterior, climate package, and all wheel drive. Are there any other recommendations you guys have? I lease the car for free or almost free for 3 years or 75,000 miles, then will buy it for my son. he does all the maintenance on our 2002 and is great with cars. What are your feelings about the 3.2 vs the T6?

XCovlov70
10-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Hey guys, I am upgrading from my '02 xc70 to a brand new one. Company caar so the first 36,000 is covered. Was going to get BLIS, Tech package, premier plus package, sandstone leather, blue exterior, climate package, and all wheel drive. Are there any other recommendations you guys have? I lease the car for free or almost free for 3 years or 75,000 miles, then will buy it for my son. he does all the maintenance on our 2002 and is great with cars. What are your feelings about the 3.2 vs the T6?

Why not arrange a 'Test Drive' of both models?

With company cars here in the UK the outfit running the lease can usually arrange test drives to help, I hope you have the same sort of facility wherever you are?

phlegm
10-23-2011, 03:52 PM
If you can, I'd go with the T6 for the engine alone: 300HP and 325 lb-ft torque for the same fuel economy ratings as the 3.2.

Also, you get the extras of dual exhaust tips and nice 18" wheels which look nice.

cattlecar
10-23-2011, 06:07 PM
T6. Engine is simpler since it does not have the camshaft and lifter hardware the 3.2 has.
I had both as company cars and I got better MPG with T6. I found I had to push the 3.2 hard to stay with traffic and merge, etc. On the highway the 3.2 would do better on level ground but any travel with hilly roads made the 3.2 downshift two gears in situations the T6 didn't even have to unlock the torque converter. As a result the T6 did better on highway with terrain.