PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp washer - front skirt removal

TrueBlue
10-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Does anyone have a set of instructions / pictures on how to remove the front end in order to replace that dratted power headlamp washer pipe?

My "friendly" dealer after some teeth sucking said the front end has to come off in order to refit the tube. technician says there's no modification to be done - just bung the pipe back on. That means I'll probably have to fix it again later when it's out of warranty...

I notice that there are two half turn lock screws underneath and wonder if I'm being snowed?

It's an MY2009 UK RHD and the pipe is on the LHS.

Any advice, guys?

Thanks,

OKCXC70
10-24-2011, 07:15 PM
I don't have any helpful info but I'm curious to know how you figured it out that the tube was off. I have windshield fluid leaking out of the LHS from the very tip of the bumper fascia. I figured that's what is wrong but I don't know how to verify it as you can't see anything from the top or the bottom and I haven't taken the air filter assembly off to look.

TrueBlue
10-25-2011, 02:38 AM
Aha! - that's the power of this forum.
There have been a couple of posts indicating that the pipe had blown off and my local dealer said he had a couple of incidents, so I booked the car in.

Actually it was not a blown pipe, but the pipe running between the two wash nozzles had chaffed on a cross member resulting in a split in the pipe. Strange as the puddle of water on my garage floor was on the LHS as were the other cases.

I have a good relationship with the dealer's service side so they don't snow me (much) - the technician said that the front skirt is a pig to remove; takes about an hour and requires a tool to prise the fitting on the sides away from the rest of the car without scratching the paintwork. Lots of screws and half turn locks as well.

Apart from the puddle of water on the floor, the large gallon + washer fluid container emptied itself in a day - without me using it!

OKCXC70
10-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Dang, it sounds like I'll have to go in. It hasn't emptied the tank yet, I used the washer function yesterday a few times and I was waiting for the message to come on that I was out of fluid but it hasn't. It is a slow drip, it was faster at first but now a bit slower. Well, my AM radio band quit and I have to go in for that, so I guess I can get them to do both. Thanks for the info!