PDA

View Full Version : Swedish XC Comparison (Winter Test)

Art
12-16-2001, 09:05 PM
Just wondering if any Swedish members out there can give us a better understanding of how the XC faired in this head-to-head competition?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/bil/biltester/2001/0103/010301.html

egge
12-17-2001, 12:23 PM
Summary:

"Volvo bästa köpet?

Med ett rejält minus för bristen på antisladdsystem, samt medelmåttig körglädje, växellåda och kvalitetskänsla, kan den inte vinna. Plus dock för ekonomin."

Volvo Best buy?

With a heavy minus for the lack of anti spinn system, and average driving pleasure, gearbox and quality feeling, it cant win. Plus for the economy.

Amatures! At least my -98 xc has got a TRACS system, and it works as a anti spin system! Idiots

Aemsn
12-17-2001, 12:36 PM
I don't think they mentioned TRACS. TRACS is a traction controlling system, not a driving dynamic regulation. I think they mean with spinning the whole car.

With the 2002 XC, there is a DSTC, a stability controlling package is integrated as a standard. With this, those effects should disappear. What was the problem why there is an avarage of the gearbox and the quality ?

Ciao
 Armin

Art
12-17-2001, 01:50 PM
Looking at the survey boxes in each round, it seemed like the XC performed well in most categories, at least the ones that I could understand, including comfort, warmth, and fuel economy. Although "koregenskaper" still has me stumped.http://www.contrabandent.com/pez//ups/sicdeth/headscratch.gif

egge
12-18-2001, 01:29 AM
Yes, the volvo did well in all of the categories.
But they aren´t talking about a stability controlling package, they are talking about Antisladd system, which means Antispinn system. And the tracs works as one! At least on my volvo! When one wheel starts spinning, the tracs takes away the power and gives it to another wheel. It stops it from spinning. I think u can call that a antispinn system?
Koregenskaper mean Driverscharacteristics. And they give that a minus because no antispinn.

Art
12-18-2001, 02:08 AM
Egge,

Thanks for the translation. BTW, since TRACS is only active up to 25 mph, perhaps that's why they were faulting the XC. For the average Joe like me, I find the XC's 4-wheel traction control system quite reasurring.

eccentric
05-29-2002, 03:08 AM
The XC was rated best buy.. The BWM x5 was rated as best dricing joy.. but far to expensive. The X5 has got to hard suspension so I gather they mainly meant the engine power when reffering to joy of driving.. I dont remeber but I think it was a pretty good engine in that BMW..

After reading the test.. I think.. I have to buy the XC :>