PDA

View Full Version : vibration after drive-shaft is out

dwasisto
10-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Hello all,

For you guys that have converted your AWD to FWD - do you noticed the vibration in the driveline? especially driving uphill in slow speed (20-30 mph). It doesn't happen all the time, only when it require surge amount of torque.
Is this normal? someone told me is the torque steer causing the vibration. is there a way to fix this without putting the propshaft back on again. thank you in advance.

2000 v70xc with 106K

JRL
10-12-2011, 05:31 PM
No
It should be as smooth as silk

maurxwinter
10-22-2011, 05:06 AM
not a problem I've had

8pack
10-22-2011, 07:51 AM
I do have a lot of torque steer, but no vibration, smooth and silky.....my entire bevel gear is out of the vehicle, so I have done more than just remove the prop shaft as as maurx I believe.

If your BG is still in the vehicle that might be a source but just a guess. As you are going up hill gravity may allow the gears to run with less lash or whatever is loose in the BG case and cause the vibration.....just a silly guess on my part without any really good facts or knowledge or back it up!

JRL
10-22-2011, 08:15 AM
As stated, it should be much smoother and much quieter all around and a much nicer car to drive with the exception of some torque steer at certain times, (depending on road conditions and what tires you're running)!