PDA

View Full Version : 2011 7500 Mile Service-Outstanding

budrichard
10-07-2011, 04:51 AM
The 2011 XC70 had it's first service interval yesterday.
With the 5yr/60K deal offered by Volvo USA, cost was zero. I did supply my own Mobil 1 5W30 as I go 7500 miles between changes now. Tire rotation is included by Field's Volvo.
So far, zero problems with this XC. Volvo S40 T? loaner was ready for me and I occupied my time by getting some things done around the Milwaukee area. Vehicle was ready, washed and interior cleaned when I returned. Perfect vehicle, perfect service and so far just about a perfect Dealership. This is the third XC I have purchased and the second from the Field's organization directly. It should be noted that Field's purchased the Milwaukee Dealership from where i purchased my first XC.
Each XC generation had gotten better in terms of function, comfort, safety and reliability.-Dick

Loki
10-07-2011, 09:19 AM
I had my XC70 in for the same at the Madison Fields and they didn't rotate my tires. When I asked about it, I was told I would be charged $30 for the rotation. I will be making a phone call.

Loki
10-07-2011, 09:32 AM
I called and talked to the service manage and he said sure come on in we'll do it for free.:rolleyes:

budrichard
10-08-2011, 05:55 AM
Remember that the Field's organization purchased both the Milwaukee and Madison Dealerships from other Dealers. The Milwaukee Dealership was owned by Wilde and after the first service interval I refused to go back, they were so inept. The Wilde dealership also sold Cadillac/Chevrolet and that's the type of service you got.
I went to Illinois and Field's and explained the problem to Dan Field's and said that I would purchase the Volvo Extended Warranty from Field's and my next Volvo if Fields would treat the XC as one of their own and supply a loaner for service. Dan agreed and I have been happy. When faced with where to purchase the 2011, I called Dan and asked which Dealership to use. Dan said the Milwaukee Dealership was now on par with Highland Park and he spent one day a week at that location. so I ordered the 2011 over the phone with Dan. I still have the feeling that the Milwaukee location is not as good as Highland Park but they don't have any GM products but Land Rover and Jaguar, so they do have an interest in better customer service. Until they screw up, I will continue to use Milwaukee. My suspicion is maybe Fields in Madison is still suffering from previous ownership somewhat.
My invoice clearly specifies that tire rotation "compliments of Fields Auto Group for first maintance(sp)" so who knows what will happen on future visits?-Dick

XCovlov70
10-09-2011, 12:29 PM
The 2011 XC70 had it's first service interval yesterday.
With the 5yr/60K deal offered by Volvo USA, cost was zero. I did supply my own Mobil 1 5W30 as I go 7500 miles between changes now. Tire rotation is included by Field's Volvo.
So far, zero problems with this XC. Volvo S40 T? loaner was ready for me and I occupied my time by getting some things done around the Milwaukee area. Vehicle was ready, washed and interior cleaned when I returned. Perfect vehicle, perfect service and so far just about a perfect Dealership. This is the third XC I have purchased and the second from the Field's organization directly. It should be noted that Field's purchased the Milwaukee Dealership from where i purchased my first XC.
Each XC generation had gotten better in terms of function, comfort, safety and reliability.-Dick

I would second your comments about 'function, comfort, safety & reliability' as our 2011 XC is nearing 12,000 Miles with no problems whatsoever but unlike you guys across the pond, with the D5 Variant over here our oil changes are only required at 18,000 Miles but interestingly it's the same oil that is used 5W30 which is around half the cost of the previous 0W30.

Sadly however tyre rotation is not carried out by our Volvo dealer, so for me it is 'DIY' which I am happy to do as it lets me see how things are going in the wheel arches and brake area. [thumbup]