PDA

View Full Version : IPD tune reliability and performance Questions

n00bkiller944
09-28-2011, 09:24 PM
I am looking into, or at least interested in getting the IPD tune for my 2005 XC. My car has 72k on it and has been maintained very well it's entire life. However, I am pretty concerned about putting this much power on the wagon considering I beat on the thing pretty hard. Does anyone who has their tune, or another companies tune have any insight on how this will effect the car in the long run? What kind of reliability/drivability issues have you encountered?

Thanks for your input!

Kevin

JRL
09-29-2011, 05:04 AM
Just fine if you don't beat on it every single time you hit the pedal
You also need to keep your tranny fluid CLEAN

n00bkiller944
09-29-2011, 10:47 AM
I have been really good about my tranny fluid so far so that should be too big of an issue. Thanks JRL

stupidloose
09-29-2011, 06:30 PM
I ran their ECM tune on my '98 S70 T5. What a difference in performance. I had the car pretty long after that with no ill effect. Even when I played hard, I always stomped on it from a roll; Never a dead stop. Just tried to be as easy on everything as possible. Its also good to follow IPD's "STAGE 0" preventative maintenance before you install the tune. I followed their advice to the "T", Even down to having my injectors tested and cleaned. With all the preliminary service done; I had good luck.

ifnt420
09-29-2011, 10:56 PM
If you use your common sense, then you have nothing to worry about. [thumbup]