PDA

View Full Version : Still have high PCV. NEED HELP

Chefrhody
09-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Super frustrated with my 1998 v70xc. Did an upper end rebuild with a new head and gasket as well as an entire PCV system replacement. Still have what seems like way too much forced air coming through the top to the point where the top tube keeps blowing off. When it's on tight I am getting pressure (smoke) coming up via the dipstick tube. Today I redid the entire PCV system thinking I may have missed the lower ports. They were clear, its all back together now and I am having the same issue. So much blow by that the hose keeps popping off. PTC seems good as well. Can I isolate the PTC by disconnecting the PCV system at the PTC? Seems like if it was a problem with the PTC, the problem would go away if I did. Why is there so much blow by that the system cant handle it? Also. I have one vacuum line that comes off the intake that I am not sure where the other end goes. It's the bottom one of the pair to the right to the fuel return line. Could that be related? I am so over this one problem. All in all the car runs great. I just need to figure this out. Thanks in advance.

DB559
09-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Did you replace the oil trap and seals? The oil trap is known to get plugged up over time. Don't bother trying to clean it, you can get it at myvolvopartsonline.com for $28.99. There are two hoses you will need as well. One is $6.26 and the other is $12.00.

http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/images/parts/volvo/fullsize/GR-75991.jpg