PDA

View Full Version : iPod connection

A11gac
09-03-2011, 03:00 PM
I just bought a XC70 and was warned my Itouch might not work. They were right, it notices it is connected but will not do anything else. Is there a way of getting an Itouch to work or what IPod do I need to buy?

Volvos rock
09-04-2011, 07:26 AM
We have a nano and a classic, that are used in our S80 (should be the same input set up as yours).

Art
09-04-2011, 08:41 PM
I just bought a XC70 and was warned my Itouch might not work. They were right, it notices it is connected but will not do anything else. Is there a way of getting an Itouch to work or what IPod do I need to buy?

Which gen iTouch do you have and what version OS are you running? Also, the firmware of your device may be the cause of your issue.

A11gac
09-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Sorry that would help. :)

I got the first generation of Itouch. One of the orginials. I just checked the software and it is running on 3.1.3

Snowboarder XC
09-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Gens 1 and 2 will not work with your car. I have a Gen 2 iTouch and have the same issue. They will not accept the latest software updates from Apple which is really f-ing annoying. I just got a new iPhone4 and iPad2 and if neither of those work in the Volvo either I'm going to drive it through my local Apple store's windows.

Art
09-05-2011, 10:36 AM
As snowboarder stated, more than likely your current firmware is not compatible with Volvo's audio module and earlier models of the iTouch will not accept the latest firmware updates. It appears that the original firmware (1.x) on your iTouch would have worked.

Similar reported issues with the iTouch 3rd & 4th gen appear to have been eliminated when owners upgraded to the latest firmware (4.x)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/Batstar/b51e0bcf.jpg

A11gac
09-05-2011, 01:54 PM
What a pain in the backside. So I need to buy a new nano or something instead, joy. :(

A11gac
09-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Well Art, I need to thank you!!

After looking at your info you posted there was ** beside the Itouch and says that when you plug it in it would say it is unreadable but to try again basically. So tonight I plugged it in, said unreadable, unplugged and then plugged in again. It then found it!!!! :)

So now I am a happy bunny. :cool:

Art
09-06-2011, 04:30 PM
No need to thank me as you happened to do a better job of interpreting the bulletin than I did. Great eye and glad to hear you got your tunes back. [thumbup]

A11gac
09-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Now everything about the car is perfect! :cool:

Never thought I would own a Volvo but loving it now. Contrast to my weekend fun car. I am now a member of the Volvo club too.