PDA

View Full Version : 2007 XC70 Groan while driving

Timsvt
09-03-2011, 07:45 AM
I have a few Issues with my 07 XC770 50,XXX miles hopefully I can gain some insight.

Issue one- Coming to a hard stop or after the brakes warm up from moderate use the brakes make a growling noise as if the rotors were rusty or metal to metal contact from a pad to rotor contact.. But Only when coming to the last 10 ft of the stop does it ever make noise... pads are 7/32" and were put on by an Chevrolet dealer mechanic right before I bought it ( bought it used from there as it was a trade in) I know brake noise is obviously hard to diagnose but still.... any ideas?

Second Issue: as I drive occasionally, after the car gets up to operating temperature, I hear a intermittent groan coming from what sounds like the right front or at least the front... It's a groaning-drone that kind of lingers and stays consistent no matter the speed or whether accelerating or decelerating. However the noise is only apparent if you turn down the radio, you feel no vibrations through the car ( steering wheel, pedals ect...)

I know both these issue are kind of general but with luck I figured I might have found someone on here that may have had a similar problem so I may have an idea of a direction to do in to get it found out/ fixed..

thanks in advance!