PDA

View Full Version : Geolander A/T-S wear/rotation question

Roxydog1
08-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Howdy all,
Have an '07 XC70. Put a set of these Yoko Geolander A/T-S tires on it about 10k miles ago. Front tread is about half gone, rears are quite good.

Wifey read in the manual that rotation is not recommended..

I know the original Pirelli's were unidirectional, but I can't find confirmation that the same applies for these. I'm going to rotate them.

Hopefully someone will chime in with a firm confirmation as to wether these tires are unidirectional or not. The Yoko web site does not have specs stating to the affirmative.

Anyone?

I see I started this in the wrong forum........................................ please excuse that!

sjonnie
08-14-2011, 07:52 PM
No they're not unidirectional. Should be rotated at least every 5K, rotate front to back and back to opposite front.

JRL
08-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Front to back every oil change and your tires will be perfect until..... the end

Astro14
08-14-2011, 08:46 PM
I have had good results rotating the tires on the same 7500 mile cycle as oil changes and other maintenance. I prefer to group them together.

The Yoko Geolanders aren't directional, but my experience with my '02 car is that it goes through tires quickly. Rotate them frequently to get nice even wear, hopefully, yours will last longer than mine since you've got the Haldex AWD...