PDA

View Full Version : Which ECU Upgrade?

ripper996
08-03-2011, 11:03 PM
OK, I feel a complete boob, but I can't find a definitive answer for what I want. I've been a Volvo owner for 15 years and proud of it too. I had an '06 V70R (stock) for two years that I sold last year to a fellow workmate because he 'had to have it'. I replaced it in December with a beautiful '96 855R wagon. I made the plunge and bought a Rica ECU upgrade tune for the 855R and really enjoyed how it drove. However, last month I came across a local '06 XC70 with everything except Four-C and third row seats and had to have it. I really like the way it drives. I was surprised with the strong acceleration - but I want more. I just want to do the ECU upgrade. What are the opinions out there? I would like the best bang for my buck as in smooth acceleration, no glitches and a smile on my face when I drive the XC. Thanks.

JRL
08-04-2011, 03:53 AM
Rica or IPD
ARD is a new company formed by Lucky who used to be IPD's in house expert
Some say he's tunes are very good but I don't know how many years and models he has completed
You know every years ECU internal codes are different

ripper996
08-04-2011, 05:59 AM
You know every years ECU internal codes are different

Mine is a 2006. Are there any pros and cons for Rica and IPD?

ifnt420
08-04-2011, 07:48 PM
IPD drives more linear than RICA, I've had both on the same car. Didin't like the throttle mapping on the RICA.
Not sure about ARD, maybe some other XCers with it can chime in.

PierreC
08-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Mine is a 2006. Are there any pros and cons for Rica and IPD?

I got mine from Elevate ... basically the Swedish Autotech tune

www.elevatecars.com

Very happy with it ...