PDA

View Full Version : Some forum observations and requests

coastal
03-04-2003, 07:43 PM
Hi guys,

Just wanted to address a few issues pertaining to the forums and such. These aren't in any specific order nor a result of a specific event, just a few general ideas I've been meaning to post for some time.

1. Update your profiles to reflect the softer stuff such as interests and location. I think it's a great way to help foster community growth by getting to know the other users not only with respect to our cars... I'm sure we'll find a number of common interests among the group, if not between a few. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

2. Make good use of the search function. If you're going to start a new thread, be sure to do a search first to make sure you have all the information presently available, and to see if your post might fit better in an already existing discussion. I'm not trying to dissuade the starting of new threads, just want to keep things a little more organized.

3. If you want to use a specific avatar for your profile, best bet would be to email it to me at [email protected] along with your screen name. I'll resize it, upload to this server and change the avatar for you. This will help with download speeds, and minimize the occurence of dead links in the event of a downed third party server.

4. Please don't cross post to different forums on the site. I know that sometimes it's difficult to decide where to post items so if you're really at a loss, post to this forum and I'll move to an appropriate location if necessary.

5. Keep the conversation courteous and positive. If there's something that's bugging you about another member, either contact him/her directly through IM or email, or if it's serious, contact me at [email protected].

6. Keep in mind that posts/comments to the photo galleries are sometimes missed by other members. If you have a question about a member's photo, please post in the forums with a link to the subject photo.

That's about all I can think of for now... thanks to everyone for contributing. Activity has really started to snowball lately, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what the future has in store!

Cheers!

Taylor.

rkestner
03-06-2003, 07:08 PM
taylor,

just a note to tell you what a great job you do!  keep up the good work!  i feel like i get my money's worth every time i sign on.

THANKS  (big thanks)

rich kestner