PDA

View Full Version : 2011 XC70 accessories

meggiet
07-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Hello,

First time post! We just purchased a 2011 XC70 T6 and thus far love it. Wasn't even on the radar when we went to test an Audi Q5 but so glad we went with it!

Now we would like to purchase a few accessories. We have the Cargo Cover on order and it should be here next week. We would like to get a rubber cargo mat and do want to get it from Volvo. We are undecided as to which one to get. We aren't "outdoorsmen" by any stretch. This would mainly be to protect the interior from grocery bags/luggage/strollers. The Load Compartment Mat, reversible and foldable looks like it might fit the bill - we like that it has the textile on one side and that it does extend to cover the back seats when they are folded down. The other option is the basic Load Compartment Mat, plastic, which I believe is the one you probably see most. Thoughts on what might be best?

The other accessory we are debating on is either the Cargo Divider or the Luggage Net. This would be to keep the grocery bags/luggage from moving about. Thoughts on these options?

Any other must have accessories for a city dwelling family?

Thank you in advance and thank you for all the great info on this site!

Meggiet

JarekMW
07-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Before ordering mats from Volvo, consider WeatherTech DigitalFit mats. I bought them as they provide the best protection. They are designed by utilizing the laser to scan the interior of the car. The result is a perfect fit. They are on a pricey side but worth it IMO. http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=52&VehId=836&Year=2011

meggiet
07-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Thanks, Jarek! I did look into those and am still considering them. We thought getting authentic Volvo accessories would be better in case of resale but I know that is thinking way far ahead. Will keep that in the mix!

redoak
07-07-2011, 05:32 PM
I have the reversible cargo mat (non folding) in our 2010 XC70. It has very nice Berber type carpeting on one side and it looks very nice. It also helps to keep items from sliding around somewhat. The reverse side is great for carrying garden supplies, potted plants, etc. We have the same type of mat in our 1998 V70 XC and after 13 years and 251K it still looks like new.

meggiet
07-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks, redoak! Good to know. We were thinking the foldable just in case we wanted something to cover the whole of the back when the seats are folded but that might be few and far between. I will take the under consideration.

budrichard
07-08-2011, 05:47 AM
I have the plain plastic Volvo foldable mat in my 2011 XC70. It works very well but is very slippery, I would go with a two sided mat that has some tooth.
All three of my XC70's have Volvo OEM cargo Mats and rubber floor mats front and rear. There simply is nothing better but if you are impressed by advertizing hype, go with what sounds good to you.
Unlike your usage, my XC70's are heavily used in outdoor pursuits, carry lawn trash to the recyle station, live and dead animals, bicycles, kayaks etc.
I take no special care as that's what the vehicles were made for. The delership washes for free and that's usually when they arer washed. All routniely go off road and only if its muddy to I get out the hose and wash the underbody.
The cargo divider is not needed and the luggage net is useful if it fits your mounting system. The current net offering fits my 2003 but did not work with the sliding hooks on the 2011. If the net works with your system than its very useful for grocery bags etc.
Good luck, great vehicles.-Dick
BTW, depending on your trim level, you may have a grocery bag holder already installed and buried under the rear compartment.

rovermark
07-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Before ordering mats from Volvo, consider WeatherTech DigitalFit mats. I bought them as they provide the best protection. They are designed by utilizing the laser to scan the interior of the car. The result is a perfect fit. They are on a pricey side but worth it IMO. http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=52&VehId=836&Year=2011

Just as an FYI - my experience with Volvo accessories are that they are - while expensive- also very, very good.

WeatherTech sells to some car manufacturers, who promptly rebrand it with their logo (as in the case of Mercedes). Just to give you an idea of how good WeatherTech is.

meggiet
07-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks so much, budrichard and rovermark! I appreciate your input. I think I might go with the Volvo reversible mat and then the Volvo rubber floor mats. I don't think we have the grocery bag holder as I believe that is part of the convenience package, which we don't have. I will have to check and see if we have hooks for the luggage net.

budrichard
07-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Since you have a 2011, i have to assume you have the 'sliding hook system' and not the earlier fixed hooks, The current cargo net that i purchased with the 2011 would not affix to the sliding hooks and the Dealership could not figure out how to make it work also,
Hopefully at some point Volvo will change the Cargo Net so its works or explain how to make it work. The Cargo Net when affixed properly works extremely well for a wide range of items.-
Dick

"WeatherTech sells to some car manufacturers, who promptly rebrand it with their logo (as in the case of Mercedes). Just to give you an idea of how good WeatherTech is. "

I could care less. We are discussing Volvo OEM accessories , not Mercedes.-Dick

rovermark
07-10-2011, 04:41 PM
"WeatherTech sells to some car manufacturers, who promptly rebrand it with their logo (as in the case of Mercedes). Just to give you an idea of how good WeatherTech is. "

I could care less. We are discussing Volvo OEM accessories , not Mercedes.-Dick

I wasn't addressing this to you fellow, so you mind your manners.

I refuse to communicate with you anymore. END DISCUSSION "Dick".

Loki
07-11-2011, 01:37 PM
I have the WeatherTech digital fit liners in my 2011 that I picked up in May and glad I got them The high sides really keep the dirt off the carpet. I bought the "load liner" from Volvo. This is the one with the really high sides that are about eight inches. Since I have two Labrador retrievers who refuse to hold onto their hair, it keeps the hair out of the carpeting. I also have the cargo barrier that you can flip up and down. It's really great, installs without tools and keeps the dogs or allows you to really fill up the back and prevent things from coming forward when slowing down. I also have the sunglasses holder that mounts to the drivers side handle, I suppose you could also put it on the passenger side also. I put the mud flaps on to protect the paint and add to the look, but I know that "budrichard" has said they will rip off if you go off road (but you are a city dweller). I also put on the rear spoiler for looks.

I simply love this car.

meggiet
07-12-2011, 04:37 PM
budrichard, I don't think we have sliding hooks. I will have to look again!

Loki, I definitely don't need the load liner, as we don't have pets and really don't haul stuff, but if we did, I think that is the first thing we would get! Thanks for your input.

budrichard
07-13-2011, 05:27 AM
I have the WeatherTech digital fit liners in my 2011 that I picked up in May and glad I got them The high sides really keep the dirt off the carpet. I bought the "load liner" from Volvo. This is the one with the really high sides that are about eight inches. Since I have two Labrador retrievers who refuse to hold onto their hair, it keeps the hair out of the carpeting. I also have the cargo barrier that you can flip up and down. It's really great, installs without tools and keeps the dogs or allows you to really fill up the back and prevent things from coming forward when slowing down. I also have the sunglasses holder that mounts to the drivers side handle, I suppose you could also put it on the passenger side also. I put the mud flaps on to protect the paint and add to the look, but I know that "budrichard" has said they will rip off if you go off road (but you are a city dweller). I also put on the rear spoiler for looks.

I simply love this car.

I would suggest Champion dog harnesses for your dogs. http://usak9outfitters.com/CCSS.htm They keep the dogs from becoming missiles inside the vehicle in an accident and are much better for the dogs safety than the barrier.
Our 85 # Labradoodle always rides in one.

The mud flaps really don't protect the paint, what they do is reduce the amount of mud slung up by spinning tires if off road and a truly muddy environment. I had to hose off my Jeep many times with mud all the way to roof but with the flaps, one still gets mud but just not as much. My 2011 went through last winter just fine without flaps.
As to the spoiler, I'm not one for putting on accessories just for looks. In my case,I car top kayaks and sometimes single handedly from the rear. I would break a spoiler off.

Do you have the sliding hooks? It would be interesting to me know if there is a different load system in the rear because I don't care for the hooks but like the rings in my 2003 for capture of tie downs.-Dick

Low Tide
07-13-2011, 06:56 AM
The "cargo fixation system" is very useful. It includes a side net, divider net, and side attachment bars with adjustable hooks. It's not expensive.

I'm also a fan of the sport pedals, they are easy to clean, have good traction, and compliment the redesigned interiors

Loki
07-13-2011, 07:05 AM
I would suggest Champion dog harnesses for your dogs. http://usak9outfitters.com/CCSS.htm They keep the dogs from becoming missiles inside the vehicle in an accident and are much better for the dogs safety than the barrier.
Our 85 # Labradoodle always rides in one.

I don't like the harnesses as the dog is a missile until the end of the leash and then the dogs back end will snap around and really hurt the dog. Besides, I don't plan on getting into an accident. :rolleyes:

budrichard
07-14-2011, 10:21 AM
"I don't like the harnesses as the dog is a missile until the end of the leash and then the dogs back end will snap around and really hurt the dog. "

The harness attachment is on the top of the back of the animal and just about center of mass. The harness distributes the force over the entire rib cage and front of the animal. Any force would be equally directed to the center of the animal. But it's your dog.

"Besides, I don't plan on getting into an accident."
Neither do the hundreds of thousands of people that do.-Dick

Loki
07-14-2011, 10:30 AM
"I don't like the harnesses as the dog is a missile until the end of the leash and then the dogs back end will snap around and really hurt the dog. "

The harness attachment is on the top of the back of the animal and just about center of mass. The harness distributes the force over the entire rib cage and front of the animal. Any force would be equally directed to the center of the animal. But it's your dog.

"Besides, I don't plan on getting into an accident."
Neither do the hundreds of thousands of people that do.-Dick

While that may be true of the harness that you use, I have looked at other brands and have determined that not to be the case. The body is still going to have extreme bending of the spine. Do you know of any videos of dog dummies going through the trauma?

budrichard
07-16-2011, 05:46 AM
"While that may be true of the harness that you use, I have looked at other brands and have determined that not to be the case."

This statement doesn't make any sense to me.
How can you arrive at a determination about the performance of the Champion harness from looking at other brands? I have to conclude that you are just screwing with me to be obstinate or whatever.
As I said its your dog, do what you want with it.
End of topic.-Dick

Loki
07-18-2011, 06:24 AM
Dick, having another temper tantrum? Just because I don't agree with your unproven argument that you get to end a discussion, again?

Dick...don't be a dick.