PDA

View Full Version : Considering new xc70

arejohn
06-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Anyone know when the 2012 xc70s will be coming to the USA? I am reluctant to buy an 11 this late in the model year and the UK version appears to have some nice changes to the interior and don't know about possible exterior changes.

brissim
06-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Obviously from my location I can't answer when you would see the MY12 models, but here is Oz we start getting the new year's deliveries from about September onwards.

While yes the MY12 models are coming with the interior updates (the Sensus system), I wouldn't necessarily rule out a MY11 model. Here there are some big discounts being offerred on the '11 XC70s (obviously to clear the decks for the updated models) and I would expect the same to apply in the US. Mechanically - apart from a small bump in power/fuel efficiency on the D5 diesel model (which you obviously don't get in the US) - I'm not aware of any major differences between the MY11 and MY12 models.

Tony

rovermark
06-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Anyone know when the 2012 xc70s will be coming to the USA? I am reluctant to buy an 11 this late in the model year and the UK version appears to have some nice changes to the interior and don't know about possible exterior changes.

from previous launches, either starting August 2011. there have been model changes at other times also though, e.g. spring. if you don't hear anything in the next 2 months, forget about a 2011 launch.

CraigKN
07-12-2011, 05:07 AM
Not sure if this helps, but Maryland dealers have allocations for 2012's now, your local dealers may have them as well.

Low Tide
07-13-2011, 06:58 AM
The first ones are on the boats and arriving at dealers who... caveat: have sold down MY11. There are some waiting at the ports- where they are often held by Volvo to push out the previous model year.