PDA

View Full Version : Ordered My Ocean Race

bobharp
03-25-2002, 05:28 AM
Well, I took the plunge last week and spent 4 times the amount I spent for my first new car.  I am sure I will be pleased!  I ordered an Ocean Race with the Cold Weather Package, Touring Package, and Versatility Package.

I am now dealing with the delayed gratification factor.  

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I should expect from Volvo/dealership?  Also, does anyone have any pictures of the wing crossbars?  Looking forward to being a part of this great community.

Bob

Ocean Race # ?

Aemsn
03-25-2002, 08:38 AM
Hey! What do you expect ? :-))

I ordered my Ocean Race in November last year - and received it - last week. The delay was caused by features like DSTC and Bi-Xenon which I definitly wanted in my car.

How long do you need to wait for yours?

Ciao
Armin

bobharp
03-25-2002, 08:46 AM
Did you order the DTSC as an add on?  I did not ask for it figuring it would be an expensive add on.

Aemsn
03-25-2002, 09:18 AM
Hi!

The DSTC and HID-Lamps was announced as a standard for the Ocean Race Edition here in Germany. After having some calls with my dealer and the factory Volvo told me that the are able to implement these features (as well as the rain sensor) with the start of march.

I don't know if this is also the same for the american market. You should contact your dealer.

The main features which were newly introduced with the V.O.R. Edition here in germany were:

DTSC (standard)
HID-Bi-Xenon (standard)
Rain Sensor (about 150 EUR)
Brake Assistant (standard)

You should ask your dealer about there topics. The Rain Sensor is also very nice :-)).

The Ocean Race Edition here in Germany comes with a complete package, even navigation system and GSM phone is integrated.

bobharp
03-25-2002, 10:41 AM
Sounds sweet.  Options for the XC Ocean Race, in the US, were very confusing.  Other than the Cold Weather, Touring , and Versatility Package, I have no firm idea of what comes standard on the wagon.  Should have an ETA within the next 2 days.  Armin, what # did you get?

Aemsn
03-26-2002, 02:15 AM
Hi!

Are they numbered ? I don't know :-)) I know that they are limited, but I have not looked for a number.

Where can I find the number?

tzunuum
03-26-2002, 05:41 AM
Hi Armin,

goog to hear you finally got your car. Are you satisfied? So long I discovered some minor errors in the Navi. Whats about your gas consumption? Is it acceptable?

As far as I know the OR is not numbered here in Germany.

Cheers
Tom

bobharp
03-26-2002, 07:26 AM
Ron3KL indicates that he has a VOR #12 in Austrailia.  Hope to have more info on my Ocean Race soon.

Art
03-26-2002, 08:31 PM
With all of the positive publicity that the Ocean Race XC has generated for Volvo, is anyone aware of the number of these vehicles that have been marketed for their specific country of origin? I recall reading somewhere that the O.R.E. was to be made available in 20 different countries. Here are a few that I currently know of:

U.S.A. - 650
Canada - 100
Japan - 150
Australia - 50

It also sounds like some of the cars are not numerically emblemized like the ones here in Canada. The location of the emblem on this O.R.E. is on the trim just above the glovebox.
http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=Batstar&album_id=55186&image_ id=2&courtesy=1

Northern Rider
03-27-2002, 07:40 AM
Welcome Bob,
I am sure you will enjoy your XC. You mentionned the wing profiled xbars, have a look at the pics of my car, that is what I have on it. Will try to send better pics of the bars when we get better weather. I chose these hoping that they would offer less wind resistance and thus less noise since I leave them on all the time.

Northern rider.

bobharp
03-27-2002, 09:17 AM
Northern Rider,

Nice pics, looking forward to seeing more.  Wish we had some snow here in DC.  

Aemsn
03-27-2002, 03:58 PM
Hi Tom!

I'm completly satisfied. RTI has some minor problems, but not with the software, only the card data is sometimes a bit strange .. but this should disappear with the next DVDs.

Gas consumption .. hmm .. since I'm not driving the car very hard during the first 3000-4000 kilometers .. its currently about 11 l/100km. Should sink after the car has about 1000-1500 kilometes, and should increase when I kick the car after the initial phase :-))