PDA

View Full Version : Brake fluid change price

Kiwishamoo
05-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Hi all,

Just got quoted £190 by North London Volvo to replace the brake fluid in our 2009 '52 XC70 (2nd service). Pretty sure this is an absolute rip-off (for comparison, Audi quote £49 flat rate to do this)...if I go to an independent, will this screw our warranty?

Cheers

XCovlov70
05-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Hi all,

Just got quoted £190 by North London Volvo to replace the brake fluid in our 2009 '52 XC70 (2nd service). Pretty sure this is an absolute rip-off (for comparison, Audi quote £49 flat rate to do this)...if I go to an independent, will this screw our warranty?

Cheers

OUCH!

I don't believe it will 'screw up' your warranty, provided it is a recognised garage (Business Name) and not some 'back street cheap skate' then you will be OK.

I took our 2009 XC70 to a garage in the village we live in where a full service was considerably less than the price wanted by Volvo, but to make sure it would not invalidate the warranty, I checked with Trading Standards and was advised it was OK if the business was a registered garage and I had not done it myself.

Kiwishamoo
05-13-2011, 11:28 AM
OUCH!

I don't believe it will 'screw up' your warranty, provided it is a recognised garage (Business Name) and not some 'back street cheap skate' then you will be OK.

I took our 2009 XC70 to a garage in the village we live in where a full service was considerably less than the price wanted by Volvo, but to make sure it would not invalidate the warranty, I checked with Trading Standards and was advised it was OK if the business was a registered garage and I had not done it myself.

that's great news; a friend recommended a garage in Ealing, so might pop along there to get it done - thanks for the advice! :)

XCovlov70
05-14-2011, 02:35 AM
that's great news; a friend recommended a garage in Ealing, so might pop along there to get it done - thanks for the advice! :)

No problem, glad to help as I don't like getting ripped off either!
Makes me kind of :mad: