PDA

View Full Version : Can 04 xc be set to auto lock?

GeorgeXC70
08-24-2003, 10:09 PM
If its not set up to do this, is this something I can change thorugh my dealer?  Thanks

-GXC70

mrb
08-24-2003, 11:25 PM
According to Volvo FDC--N0!--It is possible in europe but for some reason which nobody knows, we can't do it yet in the US.  There have been some threads hinting that the day may be coming.

GeorgeXC70
08-25-2003, 05:49 AM
Thanks for clearing up the confusion.  That woudl expalin why some of the post here seemed to indicate it was while others didnt.

But on the plus side the fact you can turn off the sensor alarm while someone waits inside is a nice feature....it seems to be lke Vovlo listened to customer feedback and added features one at a time.  

I think the way Volvo deals with locking and unlocking on this car atleast is way too over engineered!  First warning sign for me is anything that's not intuitive or too complicated. I am basing this on the day I spent driving the car during my OSD and after reading the manual and the comments on this site.

There's no cohesive overarching approach to the way the locking mechanism works.  I can almost see the layers of design features that were added over the years.  Where I come from the design seems like a "hack" job. Its the sort of design I see in almost all fine microsoft designed  products:)

Brigantine Islander
02-08-2005, 10:18 AM
This may be stale news, but the computer can be used to activate AUTO LOCK function. I had it done on my 04' XC-70 because my wife liked the feature in her Passat. Hers locks all the doors when she goes above 8 mph, I think mine activates almost as soon as you're moving forward. It is somewhat of a pain though when you get out (front opens with inside handle) and then try to get in the back or rear, they're still locked. Just have to get into the habit of hitting the unlock button before opening your door...

JAZ
02-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Lots of things pertaining to the doorlocks can be set using the dealer tool, including the autolock feature on the 04my Volvos. See your friendly Volvo dealer.

ORGramps
02-13-2005, 11:34 PM
My dealer wanted $90 for the software feature. Comes free on other cars!

Otherwise love the car after almost 15K miles.
ORGramps

XC70Geo
02-14-2005, 03:21 AM
There were threads about software upgrades. Check the info here (http://acctest.semcon.se/en-GB/P2X/comfort/added-or-altered-car-functions/default.htm).
As I know, they charge for the software and for labour. IN my country the software costs $10, and labour is less then 30 min.
Do you have another dealer who can be asked about his price?

arizonamike
02-16-2005, 07:08 PM
I was quoted $158 to have "flash on unlock" and "auto lock above 7MPH" added to my 04 here in Arizona. :mad: :mad:

JAZ
02-17-2005, 07:45 AM
The dealership did ours (for nothing) as part of the 7500 mile maintenance check and oil change. If you read the warranty, there is an "Adjustment Period" of one year on the car. Try to talk your dealer into making the changes at that time.