PDA

View Full Version : A little intro

tom_m
04-06-2011, 01:24 AM
Hello all, I thought I'd better do a proper intro have asked a couple of noob like questions so far.

I just purchased a MY01 v70xc here in the uk which I was hoping would be a reliable workhorse type car for throwing the MTB and camping gear in the back of and disappearing for the weekend to places less flat than North London, where I currently reside.

However it looks like it's going to be more of a project car. I picked it up cheap because it needed a bit of work doing and I'm fairly competent with a spanner in my hand, however it's turning out to be a bit more than I bargained for.

When I investigated the cause of the soggy rear end I was expecting to find a pair of goosed nivomats, however it appears at some point in it's history someone saw fit to install a pair of four-c dampers to the rear, despite it being quite clear this car is not four-c equipped and the nose is a good 2" higher that the rear now - joy.

So the list currently stands at swapping out the front strut tops, replacing decidedly tired upper and lower engine mounts and finding out what rear set-up it's meant to have from the local stealer and finding a cheap source of parts. Oh and the MAF appears to be dead as a dodo so I'll be swapping that out tonight.

At least it's a manual and I don't have to worry about all those issues with the auto box!

chipenter
04-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Try Nordic they supply Euro Car Parts and are in Byfleet Surry . http://nordicpartsdirect.co.uk/volvo/default.asp?

tom_m
04-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Ta, new MAF has cured the stalling.