PDA

View Full Version : Moving on.

duettitude
03-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Just traded the wife's '01 XC w/ 123K miles for a CPO '07 Audi A4 Avant w/39K miles. We were sad to see the XC go but it needed a new brake booster, a right front halfshaft, a lower control arm bushing, new front strut bushings, new tires and new brake fluid. It had also recently developed a significant hesitation when accelerating between 1000 and 2000 rpm which seems to have been related to the brake booster vacuum leak (ironically, the transmission was fine). There was nothing I could not have fixed myself but it was getting increasingly harder to justify investing the additional money and wrenching this car was starting to feel like a second job.

We thought about an '08 XC but the nice ones still fetch a little more than we wanted to spend. In the end, the Avant met all my wife's criteria and still fit our budget (I am very familiar with Audis so you don't need to tell me about their foibles; I know what I'm getting into).

Thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum. The information available here is second to none and was enough for me to wrench this car without ever needing a workshop manual.

Cheers.

Willy
03-12-2011, 05:34 AM
No doubt the Audi is a nice car, enjoy it [thumbup]
Willy

n00bkiller944
03-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Pics of the new Audi!

Ocean Racer
03-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Just traded the wife's '01 XC w/ 123K miles for a CPO '07 Audi A4 Avant w/39K miles. We were sad to see the XC go but it needed a new brake booster, a right front halfshaft, a lower control arm bushing, new front strut bushings, new tires and new brake fluid. It had also recently developed a significant hesitation when accelerating between 1000 and 2000 rpm which seems to have been related to the brake booster vacuum leak (ironically, the transmission was fine).
Cheers.

I had the same issues and many more with my current XC. :(
But at the end of the day, I know the Audi is a fabulous alternative and you will be very happy with your decision.