PDA

View Full Version : V70 2.5t brake light abs lights on

DanV70
03-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Hello,

Just recently purchased a newer Volvo. Love the car, however some dash lights are on. Brake light and ABS light. The message screen says "brake failure, stop safely." 3 codes appear, BCM-E003, BCM-0040, and BCM-0100. One of the codes has to do with the right rear speed sensor. I had it replaced a few days ago, but the light is still on. Is it a bad brake control module? Anybody have any ideas or suggestions. Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for reading.

Willy
03-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Were the error codes reset after the sensor was replaced? If not, it may take a number of "runs"
before the MIL will go out. Are the 3 error codes still present?
BCM-0100 is a communication error between modules.
BCM-0040 is the wheel sensor right rear (signal missing)
BCM-E003 is a configuration fault.
I think it is not impossible that the first and the last code are caused by the sensor signal missing.
At least the sensor error code should disappear if it really was the sensor and not eg a wiring problem.
Willy

DanV70
03-04-2011, 11:19 PM
thank you. I tried clearing the codes. Did not work. Called my local dealer. Service advisor said it is most likely an ABS module issue. I guess that's the next step.

Willy
03-05-2011, 01:55 AM
I assume you used a tool to clear the codes? It should be possible to clear them, but of course, if the condition remains they will reappear.
Willy