PDA

View Full Version : How to switch sources on twin screen 10 disc DVD RSE?

PDiddy
03-04-2011, 07:11 AM
I have a 2003 xc90 fitted with the 10 disc DVD changer/twin screen RSE from the Volvo dealer when new. I've owned the car for about a year and it is pretty much fully loaded with the options and has FSH from the main dealer by one owner before me, so suspect no short cuts in general maintenance.

The DVD all works fine but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it show the picture from the second source (Aux inputs between rear seats). When I plug in my portable DVD player the sound is transmitted over the second frequency on the wireless headphones but no video, or at least I can't figure out how to switch the source on the screens! On the right hand screen I have found an option to select AV1 or AV2 but AV2 appears as a blue screen regardless of something being plugged in and played through the aux input - seems odd that I have no such option on the left screen is that right?

If any of you have this system fitted and know how to make this work your help would be much appreciated

Thanks

edmguy
03-04-2011, 11:19 AM
I retrofitted one of these in my XC90 back in 2004. In the back where the battery compartment is there is a silver dome that the av wires go into.. check that they havent come out of there.