PDA

View Full Version : XC70 injector#5 circuit stuck open...

MtnMann
02-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Injector #5 is stuck wide open. Injector is fine. When harness is attached to #4 it makes #4 stick wide open so I know it's not the injector.

Any ideas of what to look at next?

MtnMann
02-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Can anyone tell me if there is anything else between the ECU and the injector that controls the injector?

I don't have a manual but if there's nothing else in the circuit then I could assume either wiring or the ECU itself is at fault.

Willy
02-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Perhaps the pdf can be of help.
I would take a closer look at het wiring.
Willy

jda2000
02-27-2011, 02:04 PM
remove the wire loom and check the wiring closely for injector #5.

sometimes one of the wires is broken or crushed by accident when the spark plug cover is removed and retightened.

Aviator
02-27-2011, 03:20 PM
That's an odd issue to be dealing with. Normally, the ECM would be at fault as injector operation is controlled from it. Are you getting a flooded cylinder, misfire, fuel pressure bleeding off?

Dave.

MtnMann
02-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the replies...

Yes. Flooded cylinder and misfires. With the fuel rail pulled, #5 opens up when the engine is cranked and (i believe) stays open until the key is turned off. So full current is apparently being sent to the injector. Wouldn't a cracked wire in the loom just cut current to the injector?

#5 plug is washed clean with fuel. Other 4 plugs are black indicating rich condition.

Codes showed up for all cylinders both open circuit and misfires. But after pulling the injectors, #5 is clearly the one acting up.

MtnMann
02-27-2011, 06:31 PM
someone on another board suggested fuel injector relay.

Wouldn't that affect the other injectors as well if it stuck?