PDA

View Full Version : rear seat belt monster

volfox
02-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Yes, I put the back seat down and the belt locked. 2006 xc70. I removed the bolt from the floor, however that did nothing to release the belt. How do I get to the roller inside of the seat.

haoz129
02-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Seems pretensioner is working.

Guess the engine was running when you flatten the back seat. The pretensioner got triggered and belt locked.

Try to drive to an even place, stop the car and push the back seat lower to loose the belt.

Astro14
02-23-2011, 09:31 AM
The pre-tensioner is a pyrotechnic device that fires when airbags are triggered to take the slack out of the belts. It's a one-time thing, like the airbags.

The inertial lock would lock the belts at the reel due to acceleration. Stopping the car releases the inertial lock. Make sure that the reel allows you to pull the belt out easily before you fold the seat...

volfox
02-24-2011, 07:26 AM
The pre-tensioner is a pyrotechnic device that fires when airbags are triggered to take the slack out of the belts. It's a one-time thing, like the airbags.

The inertial lock would lock the belts at the reel due to acceleration. Stopping the car releases the inertial lock. Make sure that the reel allows you to pull the belt out easily before you fold the seat...

I have driven the car several times and tried to release the belt to NO avail. I tried shoving extra belt down into the seat and dancing around the car while shaking bones and yelling mombo jombo. If I had to replace the belt, any suggestions as to 'how-too?'

volfox
02-24-2011, 07:32 AM
Seems pretensioner is working.

Guess the engine was running when you flatten the back seat. The pretensioner got triggered and belt locked.

Try to drive to an even place, stop the car and push the back seat lower to loose the belt.

I cannot cast out the evil demons that are holding my belt ransom. I did not know about the pretensioner, thanks. I have driven the car several times but the demons are still winning. Is there a electric connection to the belt lock? Still can't figure out how to get too the belt 'roller' in the seat. Tnks

volfox
02-24-2011, 07:39 AM
I even sang 'Do wah ditty ditty do' while doing a hand-stand. Nothing! If I have to replace the belt, do I have to replace the seat? {not funny}

razgaoz
02-28-2011, 04:52 AM
Hello!
I have the same issue with the right back seat. Now when I fold down the seat,I make a tie-knot with the seat belt that a pull out a much as a can.When I push back the seat,just untie the knot to give me enough slack to the seat belt to rise the backseat.
The left seat belt is ok but the spring that pull it back into the seat is not working so well I have to do it manually.
I'd like to know how to open both seat back belts to do some maintenance on them.
Good luck with yours!
Razvan

USHGAPB
02-28-2011, 06:50 AM
I even sang 'Do wah ditty ditty do' while doing a hand-stand. Nothing!

Ya know, that might be pure entertainment! I might even pay money to see that.

Kidding aside, I don't have an answer for you, but I hope you're able to get that problem solved. This board is a vast database of knowledge in which someone is usually able to produce a solution to even the most obscure problems.

Good luck. I'll be watching this thread to add to my own database.

seth1065
02-28-2011, 07:14 PM
if it makes you feel any better I can not get the front pass seat belt in my 01 xc to snap into place,[cussing] I think I may have a piece of galss in it from when my moonroof shattered last month, I will try the chanting when I get in it tomorrow.[cool2]

haoz129
02-28-2011, 07:28 PM
if it makes you feel any better I can not get the front pass seat belt in my 01 xc to snap into place,[cussing] I think I may have a piece of galss in it from when my moonroof shattered last month, I will try the chanting when I get in it tomorrow.[cool2]

Yes, I had the same issue.

One buckle didn't accept the belt. I removed it and played around. One stone came out then everything back to normal.

After that I told my kids don't put anything into the buckles.

Enjoy.