PDA

View Full Version : 2007 xc70 aux jack and ipod

vespajg
02-20-2011, 03:46 PM
I've read several threads re installation if the USA Spec and other ipod enabling devices, but wondering why I can't just plug my ipod into the aux jack and have it work properly. I have a whining sound that accompanies the ipod playback and I tried a ground loop isolator, which didn't remove the sound. I'm by no means an audiofile, but plugging my ipod into the aux jack worked fine on my previous car. I've got a stock HU-650 with the stock aux jack in the console.

Thx in advance...

`jg

JRL
02-20-2011, 03:48 PM
You should be able to

madbill683
02-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Like JRL said, you should be able to just plug it in and listen. My ipod touch and iphone both work in my '07. Make sure you select the AUX input, and turn up the volume, also make sure the plug is all the way into the ipod jack. Other than that, you may have a problem. Is the cable good?

Bill

vespajg
02-28-2011, 11:52 AM
What I found out after a trip to Radio Shack is that sound quality is diminished considerably if the ipod is not fully charged or hooked up to the 12 volt. That was what was responsible for the "feedback I was experiencing. So I bought this 29 dollar charger unit (Griffin Autopilot) designed for the ipod and it now works like a charm. Haven't tried it with a fully charged ipod without the charger unit, but I anticipate that my problem is solved. The aux in is a bit loose - it doesn't "click" like I am used to, but I gather that is a common problem with the Volvo aux (at least others have reported similar).

Thanks for the comments. Glad I stopped by Radio Shack, the local Car Toys store quoted me 400bux for the installation of the USA Spec piece, that my car did not need!!

Chenango21
02-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Sounds like you got it to work. The aux input works great with my Blackberry...as I guess it would with any mp3 type device.....should be the same with ipods I would guess.