PDA

View Full Version : punchy turbo/trans

edjike
08-20-2002, 08:37 AM
Hello all,

I bought my XC 02 in December.  A good end of year deal.  I expected to put a lot of miles on it due to my job.  Two weeks after I bought the XC my job changed.  So I was expecting to put on 35k a year, now at only 7500.  

Does anyone else fell how jumpy the XC is out of the gate?  Does anyone know is there is a firmware or software upgrade that can be up-loaded to smooth out the trans?  The reason for the quick history was to see if build dates have anything to do with jumpy trans.

Also, I have tried to reset the "message" at 7500, and I can not seem to get it to work.  People have described a "service light" that needs to blink.  I do not believe one exists on the 02.

a little help for NJ...  Thanks in advance

Gundo
08-20-2002, 09:44 AM
Yup, they are very jerky off the line.  You have to have a deft touch to launch the car off the line without sending your passengers into convulsions.  There is some sort of dealer reprogram available.  Not sure the details.

As for the service light, I found the following using the search feature:

Service Light Reset (http://xc70.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=317;hl=service+light+re set)

edjike
08-20-2002, 02:28 PM
Gundo,

thanks worked like a charm.  Let me know if you hear anything about software upgrades.  I am assuming there are out there.

Supertoyz
10-03-2002, 11:24 AM
The throttle response was an enhancement for the 2002 model year XC's.  I've never driven a 2001 but a friend of mine owns both years and says that the 2002 is much better (punchier) than the 2001 but punchy is what we like.  If you think it's too much maybe you can get the flash for the older models