PDA

View Full Version : good mechanic in northern westchester ny?

okihiro
01-16-2011, 12:24 PM
hi all,
does anyone know of a good volvo mechanic in the northern westchester, putnam county, ny area?
just bought myself an old 1999 xc simply because i always wanted one. i had an 05 v50t awd and loved it. although the cost of maintenance in the volvo dealer was quite expensive and the work was ok at best.
any input would be great.
thanks.

eric

martypongo
01-24-2011, 12:22 PM
I use Steve over at SLT in Mahopac Falls for my 99 XC70. However, I've been buying the parts myself sometimes as mine needed some odd stuff. The car has 130k on it. I've replaced the rear driveshaft twice (first one failed within a year) with one I bought rebuilt in Texas. I bought two front driveshafts (left new and right refurbished) from Rock Auto, both a great prices. Drivers droo latch assembly failed and I bought another at FCP Groton, new Bilstein struts up front and a few other oddball items.

My wife and I love the car.

okihiro
01-24-2011, 09:10 PM
hi, thanks for the info. is steve a volvo mech? hows his rates?

Jesfine23
09-12-2011, 08:17 PM
My 2006 xc just crossed 110K miles and I need a timing belt and two new headlight units and would greatly appreciate a non-dealer mechanic and the name of a good discount online parts place or mechanic who can just get it done - but not so far north in westchester. i drive down I-95 from Westchester to Florida several times a year - the car's been fantastic but got some stuff that needs fixin....and with slow work - i can't afford or justify the dealer rates anymore. Any help will be muchly appreciated! thanks