PDA

View Full Version : Snowflake

flacc
12-16-2010, 09:29 AM
I recently bought a 2008 wagon w/10,000 miles logged on here in south florida and I must say I am loving the vehicle so far. The past few days have been unusually cold for plam beach (actually missed my heated seats from previous wagon)and I discovered a snowflake on my dashboard thermometer for the first time. Just curious if anyone knows at what temperature it shows up on the dash. One morning it was 31 degrees (f) and warmed up to 34 on the way to work, with ever present snowflake. Hope to never see it again untill I'm in the North Carolina Mountains on Vacation...LOL

acools
12-16-2010, 12:45 PM
36 degrees F.

This is the highest temperature at which it is 'possible' to have ice on overpasses and bridges but it requires moisture or rain and a decent bit of wind.

This might be the only chance you get to see the snowflake for the next 4-5 years in PB county.

Have you got your snow chains yet?

Andres

flacc
12-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the response Andres! Unfortunately we've had a couple of cold winters here, well, cold is a stretch. I think I'll keep my chains in CT LOL but only get there in the Summer.

budrichard
12-18-2010, 02:00 AM
BTW, somewhere in the lower 20'sF, the 'snowflake' goes out.-Dick

StoningtonXC70
12-25-2010, 10:41 AM
flacc - Was the "snow" that they make at CityPlace during the holidays collecting on the ground down in WPB during the cold snap?

flacc
12-27-2010, 08:27 AM
Never got down to city place this season.....but that darn snowflake was on my dash board again today.