PDA

View Full Version : Back of the second row of seats?

vespajg
12-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Just bought a new to me 2007 and enjoying it very much. Was installing the rear cargo grate this morning and noticed plastic along the back of the rear seats. Seems to be somewhat of a spring activated plastic door that opens along the length of the back door.

Can any of you tell me what this is for?

acools
12-07-2010, 05:31 PM
The back of the rear seats in your XC house a nylon web cargo separation netting.

You will notice two black nylon webbings in the center of these plastic doors (otherwise a previous owner may have tucked them into the center of the door). If you pull on the piece of webbing, the net will unroll. You pull the larger net up, click the bar into the plastic retainers (the bar extends to the width of the car). The smaller net can thern be pulled up and connected to the bar from the larger net.

Hope this helps!

Andres

vespajg
12-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks - that makes sense...is it possible that my car does not have the net? The space appears to be rather empty, but I must say, I did not look inside very closely. I did find a spring that was loose, as I think the PO "sprung" the door at some point. Need to check with Volvo to see if it can be fixed/replaced - the plastic is pretty brittle, so I don't want to play with it too much...