PDA

View Full Version : VNT Governor and/or engine pads solenoid

gbpipes
11-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Hi all,
This is my first post here and I am very glad to find such a community forum to search and find so many answers.
We have had purchased used 2005 XC70 about 1 year before from a local official dealer in Bulgaria. It is now at 80.000 km and is in very good condition.
This summer I've received a message "Engine service required" and after diagnostic the dealer service tells me that the engine pads are to be replaced - now replaced. Also, the guy told me that the valve for pressure of the pads and the turbo are on the same pressure line and this valve is for change in near future.
The engine is D5244T, D5 diesel.
Well, I've found 2 valves on this line in the service drawings - VNT governor and boost pressure valve for pads. The second one is visible on the air filter housing in front of the engine compartment and it has 2 hoses and electrical. According the description in VAdis the solenoid valve for the pads regulates the pads only, but the VNT governor, which is in the engine block, not so easy visible, regulates the boost pressure for the turbo.

Is there someone with similar problems who knows which of the valves should be changed? I think the VNT governor is for change not the pads solenoid valve, but I am not sure as far as I found ONLY the solenoid valve for the pads in the swedishoutoparts.com, named Boost Pressure Solenoid Valve - it looks like the pads solenoid valve not like the VNT governor, so now I am confused[mad2][mad2].

I will be very grateful if someone can help.
Thank you!
George