PDA

View Full Version : Daytime Running Lights

mox575
12-15-2001, 10:41 AM
Hi! All
Is there a way to disengage the running lights.Though they are a very useful feature, they come on at the wrong time.

After I purchased my 2001, I found that a fuses for all of the power ports had been blown. After replacing the fuses in the front, I was testing the ports and inadvertantly left my key in the ignition overnight. Needless to say, my wife was not a happy camper in the morning.
My beef is that all the electronics in the vehicle come on before the engine and puts tremendous strain on the battery(especially one that is very low).
In addition, if I were parked somewhere on a cool evening and wanted to get a little heat, The headlights would come on and wake up all the critters in the neighborhood. My old Subaru's lights didn't come on until the parking brake was released. This seems more sensible.

I ask the service department at my dealership and they didn't have any idea.
Thanks
Lance

saabstory
12-15-2001, 03:29 PM
I haven't modified mine, but I've heard from others that it takes a download. Ask your service department to check their VADIS computer for a bulletin/patch for turning them off. That is of course, as long as you're not in Canada or another country that requires them by law.

--Adam

mox575
12-15-2001, 06:53 PM
Thanks Saabstory
I'll give them a call. I don't expect a lot out of them. The service manager is a little lacking. I may possibly call Volvo Customer Service.

Thanks again
Lance

saabstory
12-16-2001, 11:19 AM
Good luck! Oh, one more thing... They'll probably want to charge you &#3680 or so unless your car is already going to be hooked up to the computer. You may want to get all the info now, and wait until your next scheduled service and just add it to the list of their to-do's.

--Adam