PDA

View Full Version : New wheels

Metallo
10-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Hi,

I just bought a new set of winter tires, steel wheels 16x6.5 5-108 and 215/65R-16 Michelin X-Ice Xi2.

I will put them up on my own given that they will be delivered already balanced.

I think I read somewhere that I have to remove some pins before installing the new wheels, but cannot recall where I read it.
Any of you remember to have done anything particular before the installation?

Thank you
Alex

billr99
10-12-2010, 02:51 PM
If the steel wheels are OEM Volvo than they have a hole drilled for the locating pin. If, on the other hand, they are the "OEM-like" wheels that you get a CT or Wallymart than you will probably have to remove the pin (no big deal, 10mm wrench should do the deed) and keep an eye out for wheel wobble as they are rarely hub-centric.

Cheers,

Bill

Metallo
10-18-2010, 05:50 PM
If the steel wheels are OEM Volvo than they have a hole drilled for the locating pin. If, on the other hand, they are the "OEM-like" wheels that you get a CT or Wallymart than you will probably have to remove the pin (no big deal, 10mm wrench should do the deed) and keep an eye out for wheel wobble as they are rarely hub-centric.

Cheers,

Bill

Hi Bill,

steel wheels are not OEM, but at the moment I put them up, I will check for the pin.
Regarding the possible wobble, if it is there, is there something I can do?

Many thanks
Alex

n00bkiller944
10-18-2010, 06:35 PM
If they are not hub-centric and you get that "wobble". Then what you will have to do is buy the appropriate hub-centric rings to install with the wheel to bring everything to the correct spec.

Metallo
10-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks for your reply.

Hopefully I won't have a problem, the company I bought the wheels from knew exactly which car they are for.

Cheers
Alex

n00bkiller944
10-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Cool post up some pics of the winter rims on the car when you get them!