PDA

View Full Version : Different Volvo Software

norski
10-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Hi,
My local Euro repair shop (BUSY place and only game around my area) tells me they don't have VIDA but use another 3rd party type. He explained ongoing costs of each VIDA use and that he spent big bucks on what he uses. This is the shop owner who seems very genuine to me but I just wonder.

For instance, when he scanned for codes from my Haldex DEM, he reported no codes were returned but they think that unit is bad and at any rate something in the Haldex does not function.

So, is the software manufacturer important?

Thanks,
Arne

billr99
10-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi,
My local Euro repair shop (BUSY place and only game around my area) tells me they don't have VIDA but use another 3rd party type. He explained ongoing costs of each VIDA use and that he spent big bucks on what he uses. This is the shop owner who seems very genuine to me but I just wonder.

For instance, when he scanned for codes from my Haldex DEM, he reported no codes were returned but they think that unit is bad and at any rate something in the Haldex does not function.

So, is the software manufacturer important?

Thanks,
Arne

The dealer (independent) that I bought my XC from in Ontario had a software/hardware package that would do most of what VADIS/VIDA would do without the high subscription costs of the Volvo tool. The package came from the UK so I don't know how widely available it is and I can't recall the name of it now but it might have been an AutoLogic. I was told it was not cheap though at about $7000+. It did work well for what we were doing at the time.

Cheers,

Bill

kamiar
10-08-2010, 06:19 PM
I have my own DiCE and Vida setup at home for diagnostics and information, to download module software, i have to pay for subscription and software itself though.

BogdanG
10-31-2010, 02:15 PM
I used Launch X431 to clear DEM stored DTC`s, you don`t need VCT2000 or DICE to clear DEM errors .
You can use this method (http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=79068) to see if you have DEM problems, if you have the message :"DEM DTC SET" it means that you have an DEM problem .