PDA

View Full Version : newbie question

Neil D.
09-20-2010, 04:11 AM
Hi

New to this forum, and in the market for a new car.
Looking at the XC 70, could anybody tell me if the door windows automatically close when the car is locker ?

Also, does the TV option function while the car is running ( traveling forwards that is )

Thanks for any information ( I m in France / Switzerland )

Neil

Neil D.
09-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Read the catalogue in more detail and have answered my first question:
The key controls close all windows and open roof when locking the car.
Still do not know too much about the Tv

Neil

brissim
09-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi

Also, does the TV option function while the car is running ( traveling forwards that is )

Thanks for any information ( I m in France / Switzerland )

Neil

Whether you can watch TV or DVDs on any front-seat console-based screen while on the move will be dependant upon what your local laws are. If your local laws says you can't watch TV/DVDs while on the move then the car will be delivered with that function. Rear-seat screens of course can be watched at anytime.

Tony

Lotus99
09-20-2010, 07:14 PM
And worst case, there are often companies out there, like these guys, who make modules that allow the screens to play DVD's. ;)

Here's the one they make for BMW's: http://www.wit-usa.com/sms/shop/index.php?p=b3JnYT1zbWFydHRvcCZncm91cD0yJmxhbmc9Mi ZjdXJyPTI=&action=products&cat=3&mode=view&id=81

They don't make their Smart TV module for the Volvo, but they may one day, or know of some other company who does. Contact them, they're really good at getting back to you.

rovermark
09-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Read the catalogue in more detail and have answered my first question:
The key controls close all windows and open roof when locking the car.
Still do not know too much about the Tv

Neil

What are you talking about? My car does not automatically close the windows or sunroof when I lock it.

Neil D.
09-22-2010, 03:35 AM
From this year's catalogue in french
"the open roof may be closed at the same time as the windows with the locking remote control"

I guess that is what I understand

Cheers

Neil

netpres1
09-22-2010, 04:02 AM
What are you talking about? My car does not automatically close the windows or sunroof when I lock it.

Possibly not. Neither does my 2008
There is an alternative...

- Press Lock button to lock car
- Press again and then hold the lock button down

The windows will close

rovermark
09-22-2010, 09:00 AM

The windows will close

Does the key have to be in for that to work?

rovermark
09-22-2010, 05:34 PM

The windows will close

Mine does NOT do that at all. There is no automatic function on my 2009 T6.

Sunstone_XC70
09-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Yes the windows do lock/close if you hold down the lock button on the remote.

Mines a 2010 model

Steve

Lotus99
09-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Does it work for opening too? My BMW does it both ways. Heck, my 10 year old Audi A4 did it even!

Neil D.
09-23-2010, 11:19 AM
This was confirmed by the dealership, keep the button held down

Cheers

Neil

exfive
09-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Mine does NOT do that at all. There is no automatic function on my 2009 T6.

I think this might be a North America thing. I remember quite a few years ago the same comments about BMW's (when I had one that did it). The dealer computer may be able to alter the configuration ?

For the record, my 2008 has remote open and close...

rovermark
09-23-2010, 07:25 PM
I think this might be a North America thing. I remember quite a few years ago the same comments about BMW's (when I had one that did it). The dealer computer may be able to alter the configuration ?

For the record, my 2008 has remote open and close...

I need to check it again. I thought what was meant was the lock/unlock button on the driver's door.

I nice feature - that I like but some may not- is the automatic lock function of the car. If you unlock it with the remote, but do not open any doors, the car will re-lock itself in a minute or too.

Neil D.
09-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Dealer demonstrated yesterday

Not only unlocked the car but opened all the windows....nice piece of kit to have on a hot day

Neil

Neil D.
09-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Job Done

Car is ordered, thanks for all advice and replies.

Neil

TXXC
09-29-2010, 11:25 AM
No go on auto open for my 2010 T6. It's an OSD north american car. Maybe I'll check with my dealer about it being fixable on his computer.

slowflyer
10-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Maybe it is a Europe v. US model difference.

I tried it but the windows did not close. I looked in the manual and the car menus but did not see a choice to close windows with the PCC.

Inchindown
10-02-2010, 12:17 AM
I have a 2010 D5 SE Lux Auto in the UK and this works fine on mine.

Hold down the open door button and all the windows open. Hold down the door close button and all the windows close.

Not all that sure it's a feature that I would ever use, but I suppose someone at Volvo must have thought was worth including in the design. :)