PDA

View Full Version : ABS warning lamp

andfis
09-15-2010, 03:44 AM
Hello,

I have problems with the ABS warning lamp. Starting the care the ABS light is on. Passing 15km/h the light turns off. But it gets on again when passing 40-50 km/h. Does anyone know how to deal with this?

pags
09-15-2010, 04:13 AM
sounds like a wheel sensor issue. My 01 did this a couple times exactly as you described, and eventually came on all the time. You will still need to code it to find out which wheel sensor it is though

JRL
09-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Hello,

I have problems with the ABS warning lamp. Starting the care the ABS light is on. Passing 15km/h the light turns off. But it gets on again when passing 40-50 km/h. Does anyone know how to deal with this?

What year?
2001?
Rebuild the unit
$100
www.modulemaster.com

andfis
09-15-2010, 05:31 AM
Thanks.
It is a 2001 mod.
But is it possible to measure the resistance at the different sensors instead of the reading the error codes?

pags
09-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Thanks.
It is a 2001 mod.
But is it possible to measure the resistance at the different sensors instead of the reading the error codes?

Possible, but way to time consuming since you have to remove the wheels to do it. If you don't have a code reader, many parts stores will let you "borrow" theirs to read codes. Out here Autozone and Advance auto parts do this. Much quicker!

This will also tell you if the ABS unit is bad in which case if it is, sending it out as JRL suggested is the most cost effective as a new one is quite expensive. I'd try to get a code though before you start blindly replacing parts.