PDA

View Full Version : 2003 xc70 ( u.s. and canadian versions)

Art
10-26-2002, 12:25 PM
Hi All,

As I was browsing through Volvo's website late last night, I noticed some intriguing differences between the U.S. and Canadian standard features/packages of the 2003 XC70. Anyways, I thought that I would pass them on. If anyone happens to come across any discrepancies please post them or just feel free to add. This also applies to our European members. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Leather seating surfaces come standard on Canadian versions
Leather seating can either be a $1200 stand alone option or part of the $2595 premium package on the U.S. version.

Power moon roof is also a standard feature on Canadian XC's whereas this feature again can be purchased as a $1200 stand alone option or part of the $2595 U.S. Premium Package.

Trip Computer comes standard on the Canadian version. The U.S. version offers this in it's Premium Package.

Cargo protection net and grocery bag holder come standard on the Canadian XC. They're included with the $795 Touring Package on the American version.

An upgraded IAQS (Interior Air Quality System) is a standard feature in Canada. In the States, IAQS is part of the Touring Package.

Security laminated glass with dark tint is standard on U.S. versions. Laminated security glass is only offered with the $600 Canadian Security Package. Tint was never mentioned on the Canadian site.

There was no mention of rain sensing wipers on the Canadian site.

Wood effect inlays are also standard on all American XC's whereas in Canada they are included with the $1400 Premium Package.

Mass movement and inclination sensors were also part of the Canadian Security Package but I couldn't find anything about them on the U.S. site.

Volvo On-Call-Plus is available in the States as a $835 option. No mention of it on the Canadian site.

2003 XC70 U.S.A MSRP
$33,870

2003 XC70 Canada MSRP
$49,495

trzesnk
10-30-2002, 03:29 PM
Just to keep you happy. In Poland the standard car is generoulsly equipped with 4 wheels, a steering wheel engine and ash-tray (just a liitle exageration http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif ). And the price is much bigger than in any of your countries. I was writting about that roughly 6 months ago. While waiting for my XC.