PDA

View Full Version : Window shifts down once it shuts

Metallo
08-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Hi folks,

since this morning when I lift up automatically the driver side window, it gets to the top and then shifts down back to where it was :confused:

The dealer I bought the car from told me that only the Volvo dealer can fix it because needs to be reset with their diagnostic tool, therefore I am just asking if there are alternatives or shall I got to Volvo and pay them for the service.

Thank you
Alex

Willy
08-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Hello,
As far as I know, the only way to (re)initialise the windows is by means of the VCT2000, as can be seen in the attached pdf.
Hovever, I wouldn't mind to be wrong, it could save you a trip to the Volvo dealer (and some $$ too ;))
I am not sure reprogramming will cure the problem, there may be a failing component.
Even then, after replacing a faulty item, it is may still be necessary to reprogram the window.
Willy

Roberto139
08-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Hi folks,

since this morning when I lift up automatically the driver side window, it gets to the top and then shifts down back to where it was :confused:

The dealer I bought the car from told me that only the Volvo dealer can fix it because needs to be reset with their diagnostic tool, therefore I am just asking if there are alternatives or shall I got to Volvo and pay them for the service.

Thank you
Alex

Weird, I have the same happening to me since yesterday, 2005 XC70.:confused:
The window shall stay up only if I use the non-auto feature.

Ocean Racer
08-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Mine has done it too.
Some reading: http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16904

I believe its sensor related and thinks something is blocking the glass - Volvo safety reg.

Metallo
08-25-2010, 07:58 AM
Hello,
As far as I know, the only way to (re)initialise the windows is by means of the VCT2000, as can be seen in the attached pdf.
Hovever, I wouldn't mind to be wrong, it could save you a trip to the Volvo dealer (and some $$ too ;))
I am not sure reprogramming will cure the problem, there may be a failing component.
Even then, after replacing a faulty item, it is may still be necessary to reprogram the window.
Willy

Yes, but you need to have VTC2000, which I do not and I think is pretty expensive to buy :confused:

Is there another way to reset the DDM ?

Alex

Allen
08-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Mine does it, too, only the driver side. Very irritating.

Metallo
08-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Yes, it is weird and I still have to go to Volvo and ask how much they charge to fix it... I am pretty sure it is a programming thing of the DDM as the windows runs smoothly on manual.

I'll come back with more information once I have been to the dealer.

Cheers
Alex

Metallo
08-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Hi all,

well, today it was very hot, I put on my A/C and sadly realized that no cool air was coming from the vents...
Just to be sure, nothing to do with my window problem I guess?

Thanks
Alex

Puff The Magic Wagon!
09-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Happened to me. Dirty safety sensor I think. I just kept my finger on the "up" until after it was shut and that seemed to work. After a couple of months, it has cleared itself and is now working normally.

skibo
09-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Happened to me. Dirty safety sensor I think. I just kept my finger on the "up" until after it was shut and that seemed to work. After a couple of months, it has cleared itself and is now working normally.

Mine healed itself as well - I've had to replace the 'blue slider' in the front door window mechanism 3 times ( 2 passenger, 1 driver ) and only 1 time of 3 did the window 'lose its zero.' Took about 18 months, but recently noticed that it is now working again.

Aviator
09-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Happened to me. Dirty safety sensor I think.

There isn't a sensor in there, actually. The whole feature of what the windows do is called "anti-trap". The way it works, and is activated, is through detection of excess current draw. So, if you are putting a window up on auto-up, when the glass hits an obstruction (be it an arm, head, rubber glass channel coming out of its track) there will be more current drawn by the window motor to try to keep going. This excess draw is detected by the door module which then commands the window to go the opposite way. I wish it was set up like that for the rear windows too, as kids are normally in the back seat and like to stick hands and legs out sometimes.

Dave.

Metallo
09-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi,

just to report that I took my car at the Volvo dealer and they reset the DDM module, it only took 5 minutes and the cost I was charged, 17.35 C$.

Cheers
Alex