PDA

View Full Version : Car Care Tips?

Art
10-28-2001, 10:09 PM
Would anyone like to share advice/tips on the upkeep of the exterior/interior of their XC's?

coastal
10-28-2001, 10:47 PM
Here's a few:

1. Exterior wash, I'm using Rain-X car wash. It's ok, though I would like to try Meguair's Car Wash as I hear it's primo.
2. For the wheels I'm using Eagle One Wheel Cleaner. It's the best, just be sure to heed the warnings.
3. Leather? Meguiar's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. It's pretty good, though you may also want to try Lexol, I hear that's pretty good stuff too.
4. Be sure to vacuum your leather seats carefully and regularly. Getting dirt trapped in the cracks will wear the leather much more quickly.
5. Water and Shop Towels are the best for interior cleaning.
6. Windows? Use Windex and newspaper.

Two things I wouldn't mind finding out opinions though are:
1. What's everyone using for wax?
2. What are you using for body cladding cleaning/care?

Art
10-28-2001, 11:01 PM
Great tips on the wheels and car wash Coastal. I just started using Meguiars products to polish/wax the exterior and I've also got the leather cleaning and conditioning kit from Volvo. I guess it should be okay since they endorse it. On the body cladding, I use 303 protectant. It's the same product that I use on the kayaks plus it seems to last longer than amour-all. Other than that, I've heard of others using those swiffer-type cloths to clean the dash and hard surfaces of their interiors. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

josmatic
12-09-2001, 07:14 PM
Hi all,
It's myfirst time that I write to one of these forums but I have been following the discussions since I bought my silver XC 2001. I thought of adding my personnal experience with a kind of protector that I used for the first time this weekend on the plastic bumpers and sidings on my car. It is called Blue magic and it does a marvelous job. It was suggested to me by a professionnal working at my Volvo dealer. For the interior, I use a leather protector made under the brand name called Cosmeto. Both products are hard to find as they are not sold in big stores like a Canadian Tire. However, you can always ask around at your neighbouring car care professionnal for information on how to find them. Both products are worth the trouble.
Hope my comments to be of help.

Josmatic (alias Louis)

coastal
12-11-2001, 02:02 AM
Do you guys mind if I use this info in the new Tips area?

Im just building the area right now and am needing content..

Feel free to add some more to this thread and I'll put it with the rest. Thanks!

josmatic
12-11-2001, 04:50 AM
Go ahead. I will take a look once in a while at your new posting.