PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious fuse blow out

alfahta
08-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Hi all, my first post ever. New to the forum. Im in need of some expert help, the kind i cannot get from my trusted Volvo Franchise garage[mad2]
My car started showing the 'check brake light' message, naturally i replaced both bulbs twice and checked all fuses. I conceded defeat and took it in to my local garage last week. They changed a relay and replaced a fuse called me to collect car after a £100 bill, upon collecting realised the message returned. Collected my car today and got refund after 3 days of them investigating problem. Sorry for ranting, now the problem is as follows.
My 7.5amp fuse keeps blowing after about 2 min of continuous pressing of the brake pedal. I replaced this with a higher 15amp (not wise idea now i know) and this also blew up after a short while. At present only my 3rd high brake light works.
So any ideas where to look, by the way, nothing else is affected all lights and everything else works as it should.:confused:

gshadow325
08-17-2010, 04:56 AM
take the tail lights out, check the sockets for the brake lamps.

diagnose like this.

take one bulb out, stay on the brakes. in the 2 minutes it takes to blow the fuse and if it does NOT blow it. put that one back. and proceed to the other side. if it DOES then that one maybe suspect. confirm by applying the same procedure to the other side. if you have both tail lamps out and both bulbs out and it still blows it, your problem lies up stream of the tail lamps.