PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Midwest Volvoers

cjones16
08-10-2010, 01:54 PM
An alternative meet has been setup due to the cost of VCOA National Meet being $80/person + Membership..

Everyone, I just confirmed, we can in fact have our own Volvo meet at the Gilmore Auto Museum (where the VCOA is being held) on August 14. Confirmed with Gilmore today that it is still open to the general public on the day of the VCOA event (August 14), and admission is a mere $10 (lady I spoke to was so excited that I was coming with the 'family'). I definitely think this is a solution to paying that large admission fee to the VCOA show. We will just park elsewhere on the grounds and not be associated with VCOA.

Also, they have limited camping, but per the Gilmore Musuem website, "camping must be self contained." If people want to spend the night and camp, please call the Gilmore and the very helpful woman should be able to give you nearby camp grounds where you can pitch a tent.

The museum hours on Saturday, are 9am - 6pm. So we should be there when the Gilmore opens. We will have to move our meet up/roll-in time to around 830 - 9am.

Now, since we currently have 10 "excludees" willing to meet, HERE IS THE PLAN FOR SATURDAY MORNING.

The Gilmore Museum and VCOA show starts at 9am, Saturday morning (8/14), the plan is to meet before hand, remove all of our mufflers, then do "the excludees" roll-in to the Gilmore and VCOA show and then find parking spots for us away from, but near, the VCOA peeps.

Details
The "excludee" meeting point is going to be at a Meijer right off of I-94 and Westnedge Ave (north side). Here is the address and the meeting time again is between 8-845am Saturday morning.

5121 S Westnedge Ave
Portage, Michigan 49002

(269) 381-3465

Metro Detroit Plan

Meet at
Meijer
5645 Jackson Road,
Ann Arbor, MI‎

Time - 6:30AM
Leave - 6:45AM
Where we going -
Cruise to
5121 S Westnedge Ave
Portage, Michigan 49002

Official Thread is on Volvospeed (must be a member to view)
http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php/topic/136319-vcoa-alternative-meet/

cjones16
08-12-2010, 06:35 AM
FOR THE CHICAGO CREW: lets meet at Cabellas at 5am (which will be 6am MI time). The drive up to Meijers should be approximately 2 hours, putting us there at roughly 8am, giving us enough time to find coffee, apply the "decals" and do last minute cleaning of cars before the roll-in to the Gilmore museum at 9am