PDA

View Full Version : iPod + Bluetooth + HU-803

cheapo
07-03-2010, 04:22 PM
I want to connect my iPhone into the audio system of my MY03 XC70. I want to connect it both as a media player and as a phone.

If I go the iMiv route for media player connectivity, I will need a separate Bluetooth kit to get the phone working via the car's speakers. Is this worth doing? Is it reallt feasible to connect 2 such kit to the HU?

Or...

Would it make more sense to replace the HU-803 with a new head unit that includes Bluetooth and iPod connectivity? If this is the way to go, what's a good HU to get (that will work with steering wheel controls)? I need a harness from Dietz, right? Which one?

I know I am asking a lot of questions. All I can say is, I appreciate the help!

flying o
07-04-2010, 02:41 AM
I just installed a Mki9000 in my 07 XC70. I wanted to keep the stock look and with the resources on this site I was able to do that. The only visible changes to the cockpit are the addition of the microphone up by the rearview mirror and the control pad that is on the dash to the left of the center console. It has functions for bluetooth phone link, bluetooth music link, IPod adapter, USB and Line in. All those connections are hidden in the glove box. I was pretty impressed with the kit. You will need a wiring harness to make the installation easy, but overall it is a pretty quick install. Good luck.

cheapo
07-04-2010, 03:50 AM
http://www.parrot.com/fr/support/guidesutilisateur/parrot_mki9000-2.jpg

While I like the idea of such a discrete device, I'd like to be able to browse the media on the iPhone...which means I'll need a head unit. $$$ :/