PDA

View Full Version : Position bulb failure-right turn signal

mags3311
06-22-2010, 08:24 AM
I am noting a position bulb failure right turn signal, I have replaced the right front bulb, it worked fine for awhile then went back to the warning notice. The bulbs do come on, however the bulbs are dimmer than normal and flash rapidly when the failure notice is indicated. I am curious if anyone has had experience with this issue? The right rear bulb illuminates identical to the front bulb. The left turn signals work fine. Thanks for any assistance.

billr99
06-22-2010, 05:20 PM
I am noting a position bulb failure right turn signal, I have replaced the right front bulb, it worked fine for awhile then went back to the warning notice. The bulbs do come on, however the bulbs are dimmer than normal and flash rapidly when the failure notice is indicated. I am curious if anyone has had experience with this issue? The right rear bulb illuminates identical to the front bulb. The left turn signals work fine. Thanks for any assistance.

Could be a poorly seated bulb since that is the side that is a bit ugly to get into or it could be a socket going out. Its a PITA, but you might want to check to see if the bulb is in there properly first.

Good Luck,

Bill

Popeaa
06-22-2010, 11:02 PM
I have the same problem with both my front signals, my right one is on and off. Sometimes it works, but the left one is always doing this. I think i read up on a thread somewhere that it could be the plastic bulb housing overheats and breaks a good connection with the bulb. But I'm not sure

Aviator
06-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Repair or replace the sockets. Been there, done that and was successful with repairing.

Dave.

yminkc
06-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Our 2001 has the same problem with the right turn signal. It burns out and warning light is on. Can't tell if it is rear or front. Have changed out the rear, and warning light is still on. Front light appears to be okay, but can't tell visually. Having lots of problems with XC 70. Last Volvo we will ever buy.

02Ocean224
06-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I have this issue too. Here is how I troubleshoot it and in this order.

1.) WHACK IT!
2.) Clean contacts with pencil eraser & electronic contact cleaner.
3.) Gingerly bend contacts to ensure good, tight fit.
4.) Replace "tongue depressor" sockets/holders. ...small price for you (or your significant other's) sanity!