PDA

View Full Version : My first time with volvo service.

06ORXC
06-16-2010, 10:20 AM
I have an 06' OR with 35k on it. Since I got it I did all the work on it myself BUT,
for last couple of months it has been making low volume clunking noise from the front end area.
I purchased it in Bridewater Volvo, NJ and took it their to get it fixed.
After 3 visits and new strut, end link, strut bearing, greased splines on driver side axle it still made same noise and I was told that they can not find it.....:rolleyes:
For the 4th visit I took it to Edison Volvo, NJ and they found it in one day.
It turn out to be sway bar bushings and little loose inside joint on the axle shaft.
So now I have new axle, sway bar with bushings, both end links, strut, strut bearing, new alignment all done under warranty and no cost to me:D

After talking to some local Volvo enthusiasts Edison Volvo has supposedly best mechanics that have common sense and some gray matter in between the ears. They also know how to fix stuff without following service manual, AMAZING[cool2]
Overall it was a much better place to deal with too[thumbup]

Just to let You guys know....

While my OR was getting fixed they gave me C30 T5 in 6 speed in same color that was fun to drive:D

JRL
06-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Edison is supposed to be BUT so is Bridgewater.
Not rocket scientists, true, but I've bought cars that were serviced at B/W and they were very good cars, all of them

06ORXC
06-16-2010, 11:02 AM
I guess it really comes down to individual mechanic and how much he cares to find the problem not so dealer.