PDA

View Full Version : Locking Lug Nuts

n00bkiller944
06-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Does anyone have any? What brand are you using and where did you get them? Any feedback helps.

Thanks

jessiebouc
06-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Bought my wifes set from the dealer when we bought the car.

Chilled Man
06-15-2010, 06:30 PM
waste of money

Ocean Racer
06-15-2010, 07:05 PM
I am willing to pay someone to remove my wheels!

JRL
06-15-2010, 08:06 PM
People don't steal XC wheels

RockitShip
06-15-2010, 08:38 PM
I've used and like McGuard (sp?). Good stuff. I stopped using locking nuts too as I was constantly losing and ordering the key and figured my rims were neither very expensive( Borbet at the time), nor is there a lot of crime up here. I realize your situation could be totally different, prompting the question.

ifnt420
06-16-2010, 03:16 AM
I had a set of VOLVO OEM wheel locks, the first time I went to have my tires rotated the locking head on the wheel stud stripped. [cussing]

Don't waste your money, our bolt pattern is not popular so not many people will steel our wheels.

Ocean Racer
06-16-2010, 08:12 AM
I would steal ifnt420's wheels :D

Art
06-16-2010, 08:15 AM
McGuard supplies wheel locks for Volvo. You get a registration card that comes with the locks. I acquired a set several years ago and, like ifnt420, stripped one of the lock studs and haven't used them since.

n00bkiller944
06-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Ok sounds like I wont be getting a set :) lol. I just go to school in a bad area of town and dont really want to lose my new pegs.

Aviator
06-16-2010, 06:29 PM
I just go to school in a bad area of town and dont really want to lose my new pegs.

That being said, that would be good enough reason for me to get a set. The guys that leave your car on blocks or whatever don't know that the bolt pattern is different, and......do you really think they'd bring the wheels back and put them back on once they find out they don't fit their ride? I don't think so!! Plus, don't just worry about the rims......you've got a set of tires on them that WILL fit other 16" rims. So, rob the wheels, find out they don't fit anything, peel the tires and put them on something else, take wheels to recyclers and get money back for the metal. I've got a set on my XC, and have no problems removing or installing them. Some guys cringe when they see locks; don't quite understand that. If you're careful using them, you won't have any problems. They've been on the car since new in '02.

Dave.

Chilled Man
06-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Ok sounds like I wont be getting a set :) lol. I just go to school in a bad area of town and dont really want to lose my new pegs.

You worried about me stopping by and stripping your car :confused:

:D maybe the GF thou :D

n00bkiller944
06-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Hahahahahahahaha Justin... Yes to both of those :) Come chill in the Northern VA area sometime. I will bring her for you to look at lol

Chilled Man
06-17-2010, 05:28 PM
hmmmm lulz

n00bkiller944
06-17-2010, 10:18 PM
That being said, that would be good enough reason for me to get a set. The guys that leave your car on blocks or whatever don't know that the bolt pattern is different, and......do you really think they'd bring the wheels back and put them back on once they find out they don't fit their ride? I don't think so!! Plus, don't just worry about the rims......you've got a set of tires on them that WILL fit other 16" rims. So, rob the wheels, find out they don't fit anything, peel the tires and put them on something else, take wheels to recyclers and get money back for the metal. I've got a set on my XC, and have no problems removing or installing them. Some guys cringe when they see locks; don't quite understand that. If you're careful using them, you won't have any problems. They've been on the car since new in '02.

Dave.

Very helpful post Dave!

Where did you get/what brand are your locks? Do you have a link or anything to them?

Thanks,

Kevin