PDA

View Full Version : 01XC Circuit Breaker Gremlin

jmoser
06-14-2010, 07:07 AM
So last night at the end of my clear and cool 300 mile drive to Chicago I arrived in a heavy downpour.
Naturally the crappy Swedish electrical system decided to take a breather and I could not close the fully open sunroof.

I have had this issue a few times before - intermittent, seemingly random tripping of a circuit breaker that controls the entire overhead console including map lights and sunroof [sunroof itself is also on a separate individual fuse circuit.]

Luckily I was able to keep speed up and minimize inflooding until the rain stopped, after shutting down for ~3-4 min the breaker reset and I was able to close it up.

Where are these breakers located? Is there any way to manually reset? If you pull them out and plug back in will they reset?

howardc64
06-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Are you getting any alarm messages?

There is a siren inside the right front fender. Its circuit board gets fried when the internal battery goes. I recall I had intermittent seemingly moisture related messages when this occurred. The sunroof wouldn't work periodically. I guess the logic is if the car is being tempered with, sunroof stop working.

Anyhow, if you have alarm messages. That is likely your source. I hear about 01 and 02's siren going once in awhile. Must be end of life on internal battery.

So last night at the end of my clear and cool 300 mile drive to Chicago I arrived in a heavy downpour.
Naturally the crappy Swedish electrical system decided to take a breather and I could not close the fully open sunroof.

I have had this issue a few times before - intermittent, seemingly random tripping of a circuit breaker that controls the entire overhead console including map lights and sunroof [sunroof itself is also on a separate individual fuse circuit.]

Luckily I was able to keep speed up and minimize inflooding until the rain stopped, after shutting down for ~3-4 min the breaker reset and I was able to close it up.

Where are these breakers located? Is there any way to manually reset? If you pull them out and plug back in will they reset?

jmoser
06-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I have been getting the same 'Alarm service required' message on startup for over a year now, ignoring it and all else is fine. Got no 'Special' alarm messages during this recent mishap.

As for Swedish logic if the car is being tampered with why lock the sunroof open . . .

jda2000
06-17-2010, 07:58 AM
replace the siren module in the right front fender, and the alarm message will go away and the sunroof will work fine.