PDA

View Full Version : Climate control panel dead

60cents
06-12-2010, 04:39 PM
My climate control panel no longer lights up
Fan doesn't work.
It is just dead.
This is a 2001 XC70 with 175000 miles
I checked he fuses on the left side of the steering wheel and they are all good.
Do these things just quit after a while or is there something else I can check?
How do I remove the panel to see if there is a loose connection?

howardc64
06-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Read the "electronic climate control not working" section of this link

http://howardsvolvos.webs.com/electricalelectronics.htm

VICIII
06-18-2010, 09:32 AM
I have one while trying to chase down a problem with my AC.
I bought the ACC from erie volvo and can sell it to you or send it back to them but you need to take yours out and check the part number.

Turns out after $1,650.00 later it was just a wire in the clutch of the compressor. Two Volvo shops could not fix and charged me up the wazo. Took it to a local shop of a guy that I trust who does not have a volvo computer and he said it sounds like clutch in the compressor was bad or wire in it was bad and shorted when the unit heated up... he was right.

Mad Cune
06-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Mine was on the fritz too. It wouldnt cool my passenger side and eventually stopped cooling the driver side. I took it to my Volvo dude and he said he could replace it for $300. I said nah, not at this time. He told me they cost $1000.

Once he saw I wasn't biting, he slammed it with his hand and it kicked right in! Like he was the Fonz! LOL Now its all good. I will probably have to replace it later though. But I have been dealing with him for 3 Volvo's, so he looked out.