PDA

View Full Version : 03 XC90 AC CCM short and shutdown - Advice requested

mcollard
06-11-2010, 11:25 AM
I have an air conditioner which is really really cold, but when it's hot and humid outside, the CCM appears to be shutting down and it blows hot and the cooling fan (radiator) goes to top speed.

I suspect condensation water is shorting a dampner motor out.

I looked under the car trying to see if there was a drainage hole plugged for the compartment. The condensation which is normally very present this time of year and heat is missing, leading me to believe it's pooling inside the car and a drain -- if one exists -- is plugged.

Can anyone advise me to where the drain is on 03 XC90? Some drainage is occuring along the heat shield, I've enclosed a picture below. This is rare and less than I had expected.

Also, how do I access the air conditioner dampners? What should I coat the connections with to avoid water shorts? Maybe a petrolium jelly or waterproofing rubber compound?

I am hot not mad -> :mad:

http://michaelcollard.com/images/volvo-xc90/img_0380.jpg

mcollard
06-15-2010, 07:40 AM
Does anyone have access to VADIS who can share the instructions to access the dampners?

BigWhite
07-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Have a similar issue, ice cold AC but at some point when it gets very hot, AC seems to shut off (light still green on button) and only hot air comes out. Radiator gauge shows nothing exception, in fact just at normal level. It even keep going on as temperature came down to as low as 72 on a longer drive, so I take it the issue started in big heat and somehow didn't get better. Driving another hour it came back to life. This has happened twice, both times very hot days. AC ususally otherwise always works great with ice cold air blowing.

Interested to know if this is a shortie somewhere or other issue.

mcollard
07-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Traced mine down to overpressure sensor in ac system.