PDA

View Full Version : EZPass: where to atttach it on 07' XC70???

740gle
06-11-2010, 04:25 AM
I used to attach the EZPass transponder on my other cars to the windshield behind the rear-view mirror. But on XC70 it is covered with a thick black paint, blocking the sunlight. There is also some antenna-looking thingy protruding forward and down from the top. (I guess it's the garage dooor opener?). I worry if that black stuff covering the glass would be interfereing with the EZpass?

-Michael.

acools
06-11-2010, 04:49 AM
I attached mine slightly off-set to the passenger side (away from the rain sensor assembly in the center of the windshield). The other thing you can do is get the license plate mount pass. This secures on the top 2 screws of the front plate and works quite well on another car.

Hope this helps, ~AC

740gle
06-11-2010, 05:10 AM
So, that's the rain sensoe then, not hte garage door opener :o
And the black does not interfere with the EZPass
[happy]
That's great, thanks...

lexefx
06-11-2010, 06:14 AM
I went right on the windsheild to the right of the rear view, placed to be eclipsed by the mirror from the driver's seat, below the dark strip. Working for the last 2 years no issues!

Alex

fatire
06-14-2010, 01:03 PM
I used to attach the EZPass transponder on my other cars to the windshield behind the rear-view mirror. But on XC70 it is covered with a thick black paint, blocking the sunlight. There is also some antenna-looking thingy protruding forward and down from the top. (I guess it's the garage dooor opener?). I worry if that black stuff covering the glass would be interfereing with the EZpass?

-Michael.

This was a problem for me as well when I got my 2004 XC70 a few months ago. Then I saw the sticky mark in the upper left (drivers side) corner of the windshield and mounted it there where it's worked flawlessly ever since.

idlemind1999
06-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Same for me... the black area kinda hides it from outside view... in NY people steal them... (wtf???) anyhow... it works fine