PDA

View Full Version : Banjo bolt to engine block torque spec anyone?

RockitShip
06-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I need to find this out in order to button up my PCV project.

Many thanks!

sjonnie
06-08-2010, 08:45 PM
26Nm

RockitShip
06-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks Jonnie.
I'll post pics once I'm done with this project.

For the life of me I could not get the left/lower intake manifold bolt off as I would have to remove the entire t-stat housing and the margin to get my torx bit in there was too tight. She started to strip, so instead I decided to leave the housing and manifold bolt in. I ended up cutting off a small piece of the man. gasket to make it fit. What a god awful design.

sjonnie
06-09-2010, 04:38 AM
Thanks Jonnie.
I'll post pics once I'm done with this project.

For the life of me I could not get the left/lower intake manifold bolt off as I would have to remove the entire t-stat housing and the margin to get my torx bit in there was too tight. She started to strip, so instead I decided to leave the housing and manifold bolt in. I ended up cutting off a small piece of the man. gasket to make it fit. What a god awful design.

It's not just me then? I had to take the thermostat housing off when I did it to get to that last manifold bolt, I seem to remember I stripped out the Torx-head reinstalling the thermostat house. It's an easy out for me whenever that has to come off again. I hope your modified gasket works!