PDA

View Full Version : FOUR-C Chassis

Cimbro
06-03-2010, 01:52 AM
I would like to know from who have tested the standard and the four-c xc 70, if this option is good or not.
I have tested the model without with the 17' wheels and for me it's not good road feeling as I would.
With the four c I hope it's much better.

Waiting for some news....thank you!

peterb
06-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Combro, I haven't driven a car with standard suspension but I read they tend to be a bit soft and floaty. I have the four-C option and 17" wheels and I can say that driving on the 'sports' setting is a vast improvement in ride and handling over the 'comfort' setting. Based on this, I think the four-C is a beneficial option. Mind you, I hate to think what a set of shocks/dampers will cost when and if the time comes for replacement!

Miliceman
06-08-2010, 05:10 AM
On the P2 chassis (2002-2007), a strut is almost $800 CAD around here...

Cimbro
06-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Combro, I haven't driven a car with standard suspension but I read they tend to be a bit soft and floaty. I have the four-C option and 17" wheels and I can say that driving on the 'sports' setting is a vast improvement in ride and handling over the 'comfort' setting. Based on this, I think the four-C is a beneficial option. Mind you, I hate to think what a set of shocks/dampers will cost when and if the time comes for replacement!

Thank you for the reply! I have driven a standard and the Volvo dealer told me that it's like the four-c in comfort mode. I really don't like the car in this way, not sterring precision!! I really hope your words are right, because I'm ordering the car without testing the four-c option. Thank you.

Lotus99
06-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Go with 4 C for sure. Huge difference b/w comfort and advanced (which you won't drive much in), and some difference in sport. If you like to drive the car in the twisties a bit, I'd say get it for sure. Throttle response changes a bit too. Steering response doesn't change though. But there's a steering response (or somethign like that) option you can set to low/med/high in the car menu, which controls how heavy/light the wheel feels when you turn it.

Dbone
06-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Just got my t6 days ago and the advanced mode is very noticeable...

Cheers

beavenx5
06-11-2010, 01:33 PM
We got to drive a 2010 XC70 3.2 basic trim for 3 days last month as ours was in service.

I can guaranty you will not regret the 4c. It makes a huge difference in both sport and Advance modes. I can say that the 4c suspension is almost as much as an improvement over the base suspension than the T6 is an improvement over the 3.2 engine and suspension.

Dbone
06-11-2010, 02:28 PM
We got to drive a 2010 XC70 3.2 basic trim for 3 days last month as ours was in service.

I can guaranty you will not regret the 4c. It makes a huge difference in both sport and Advance modes. I can say that the 4c suspension is almost as much as an improvement over the base suspension than the T6 is an improvement over the 3.2 engine and suspension.

What required 3 days service?

Cheers

Lotus99
06-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Installation of his ventilated seats! :p

I'm curious too though...

Dbone
06-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Installation of his ventilated seats! :p

I'm curious too though...

LOL! [thumbup][happy]:D;)

beavenx5
06-14-2010, 08:57 AM
What required 3 days service?

Cheers

I am not LOL:

Re-inserting the interior roof lining under the sunroof trim (for the 3rd time).

It is the kind of thing I have to do monthly and it takes less than 1 minute.

Dealer did it in 20 minutes... over a 2 days period (monday night to wednesday morning). They were not authorized by Volvo Canada to do more than putting the lining back in the trim. Even if it is the 3rd time they do it. I beleive they kept the car this long because they were trying to get Volvo to do better.

Not sure about what they did different than usual but so far, so good, has not got out yet....

Vented seat will not happen.... and I am OK with this one. Lotus: remember that I had originally bougt a 3.2 without 4c, sunroof or even leather. The GM of the dealer gave me an amaizing deal on this car (my T6) a week later after I had sold my V70 and was without a family car and would otherwise be without one for more than 2 months.